Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Yesterday at 5:26 pm by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Places You've Traveled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54962
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Places You've Traveled   Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:40 am

Hi all,

Thought I'd make a new topic here. After seeing the pics that Paloma posted, they inspired me to come up with this new thread. Wink

So basically, I'm curious to know if you've all travelled and where you've been to. Smile

For me, I've been to some countries. For most of my life, I lived in the US although now I live in Korea because of my work situation. (It's actually much better here now for financial and social reasons.) Also, I've been to Canada (except the eastern part), United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, and Japan. I do have pics so if possible, I'll try to upload them sometime. Smile

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53190
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:59 am

Aww, lucky you Phoenix; you went to every place I want to go to! lol

Well, for me, I have been only to Egypt (Because it's my country. lol) and to Emirates. I also went to Saudi Arabia when I was young.

Yeah, I know. I don't travel a lot. lol

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:25 am

lol Well, hopefully you'll get to travel more when you get older. Wink

I didn't get a chance to travel a whole lot when I was younger unless you count within the US since it's a big country. lol

Back to top Go down
Melian

Female
Number of posts : 247
Title : Angel of Peace
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 am

I got some chances to travel to places where I wouldn't get otherwise thanks to the youth orchestra where I used to play the clarinet. We had trips and concerts in places in Germany, Poland, Sweden and also various places here in Czech republic.
Other than that, I've been to various places here in Czech rep., Germany, Austria, Greece and Italy (that was just for a few hours during my first journey to Greece.)
Back to top Go down
MoonPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 177
Title : Moon Rose Of The Mystic Garden

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 am

I've been to Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Germany, Danmark and Sweden.

I envy you phoenix, you've been to Japan and you live in Korea..I want to go there one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:32 am

@MoonPrincess:

It would be cool if you could drop by here one day. I can give you a tour and all. Smile

Back to top Go down
Melian

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 am

Phoenix how did you do it actually to end up in South Korea and have this job? I somehow can't imagine it practically o_O to move to a new place where you don't know anyone and get a place to live and a job there, that's quite wonderful... And are you still going to stay there yet in future years?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Paloma,

It's a good question. It's a bit of a complicated story but I'll do my best to explain. Wink

Actually, I do have family in Korea. Most of my relatives are here. My parents, brother, and I (along with a couple of aunts and uncles) were the exceptions and moved to other countries. So for most of my life, I lived in the U.S. (specifically near Washington, D.C.).

Then after graduating from university a few years ago, my parents suggested the idea that I go to Korea and get a job as an English teacher there since English is a very popular foreign language to learn here and the job market in the U.S. wasn't quite so good. So I took a plane and moved here. My dad is here in Korea actually for most of the year since his job requires him to be here.

So then, through contacts thanks to my dad (he knows a lot of important people here-I hadn't realized this until afterwards), I got a job as a teacher at an English Academy. However, I wasn't really satisfied working under my boss so I talked the matter over with my dad and he suggested that we open my own academy. We had the money and the support as well as the building (thanks to one of my dad's friends for that) to open up one so we ended up doing that.

So that's the story. My main job is teaching and running my academy but I also do some outside consulting work. Sometimes people hire me to proofread speeches, essays for presentations that they're making. Smile

Back to top Go down
Melian

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:37 am

Ooh, that's cool, Phoenix. I didn't know your family was from there. And it's nice that your dad could help you and support you.

I think teaching languages is a nice work. When I was about to give applications for a university more than three years ago, I eventually decided to go to the college of pedagogy and study to become a teacher of Czech and German (before that I had been still undecided because there were many subjects I liked and I couldn't decide what I would like to study and then do as a job, but eventually I decided that languages were my favourite area.) Now I have yet two years before me. But I don't even know if I will eventually get to use it in my future job, because it's still unsure where I and Shiki will end up living. Here in Czech rep. German would have a perspective and Czech & literature too of course, but not so much in other countries. But I don't want to quit it, after so much work the uni took me in the last three years. I would like to finish it anyways, and then we'll see... Maybe I'll end up as a teacher of German in the language school in the city of San Salvador, although Shiki doesn't really want to stay there. Apparently we're going to have an interesting life with lot of travelling too Smile
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:32 am

Ahh I see. Smile

Well, you could always check into foreign language schools and see if that's possible. Of course, it depends on the country and how popular the language(s) will be. Like here, English is the most popular foreign language to learn but Japanese and Chinese rank up there. It used to be that French, German, and other European languages were in demand here but not so much now.

Back to top Go down
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:07 am

I've go to some countries, well as long as I remember I've been in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, California, and Mexico.
Hmm. . ., I was born in Kentucky, Legxington, U.S.A, but when I'm only seven month old, I've moved to Indonesia (where I spent almost all my entire life), But my uncle, my late grand mother and grand father, and my brother are living there now. So I think I can visit them.
I go to Singapore just to travling, I'm seven years old that time I think, my entlish is rubish that time, but I can't believe that I can manage my language now.
Hmmm. . ., so far that I rememeber my most fantastic time is in California last December, that was my last time with my late grandpa, it was very fun. I get all my time taking care of him, Then another special thing there is, that I manage to see the death sea scroll (the original old bible), that was amazing, I never thought that I can see the real bible with my bare eyes.
Back to top Go down
Melian

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 am

I'm going to the mountains for a week with my parents. We'll make some trips and also ride a bike if the weather is not too bad (although the forecast isn't very good :/ ). I hope it's going to be fine... Take care guys, and see you in a week!
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:21 am

Have fun, Paloma. We can't wait for you to get back and tell us how your trip goes. Smile

Back to top Go down
xWestie

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:23 am

I've only ever been abroad to France ^^; lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.s6.invisionfree.com/Toko_Sukai
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:53 pm

I've been to the US (Just at the border a couple times.) and the greater Toronto Area, only recently, I decided to live out of my vehickle for awhile, and I traveled to Alberta, checked out Edmonton and Calgary, and stayed at my uncle's place in a small town for a week.

I plan on traveling to the east coast next year, and then sometime in the future, I plan on traveling in the US.

After that I dunno what I'm going to do "Travel in the US" is my last plan, I don't really plan to stop traveling the US, but I don't know if I'll check out Mexico, or South America, or perhaps overseas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places You've Traveled   

Back to top Go down

Places You've Traveled
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: