Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 am by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Detective Conan - Case Closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MoonPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 177
Title : Moon Rose Of The Mystic Garden
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:52 am

I'm currently watching this anime and I found it really amusing Smile
So here is some info for those that never seen it Wink

Case Closed, known as Detective Conan (名探偵 コナン Meitantei Konan) in Japan and most other countries, is a detective manga and anime series written and illustrated by Gosho Aoyama and serialized in Weekly Shōnen Sunday since 1994. In the English world, it was renamed "Case Closed" due to legal issues concerning the name with that of the Conan the Barbarian franchise.
Case Closed is adapted into an anime series by the animation studio Tokyo Movie Shinsha, directed by Kenji Kodama and Yasuichiro Yamamoto, and airs in Japan on Nippon Television,Yomiuri TV and Animax. The first episode aired on January 8, 1996, with 514 episodes as of September 8, 2008.
The series has seen high levels of popularity in both manga and anime formats in Japan since its reception, and has also been adapted into 12 Golden Week movies, with the first released on April 17, 1997, and one movie released each year since. Ten of the movies held a top 10 box office position in the year they were screened. In addition, nine OVAs have been released.

Story Plot

Shinichi Kudo, 17-year-old high school student, while investigating a blackmail case, is attacked by two members of the Black Organization and is given a newly-developed drug that is supposed to kill him. However, due to a rare and generally unknown side effect, the drug doesn't kill him, but transforms his body into that of an seven-year-old grade schooler. In order to hide his identity and investigate the whereabouts of the Black Organization, he adopts the pseudonym Conan Edogawa, moves in with his childhood friend and crush Ran Mōri, and enrolls in elementary school. He continues investigating criminal cases with Ran and her inept private detective father. Shinichi also performs investigations through the Junior Detective League (少年探偵団, Shōnen Tantei-dan)a group he forms with his friends at the elementary school. As the series progresses, so does the relationship between Shinichi and Ran.

There are 62 volumes manga, 13 seasons anime with 514 episodes (there is a 515 episode from the new 14 season, this is one very long anime Very Happy), 2 single-episode TV drama and 12 movies, well I hope you'll enjoy it Wink I know I am Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53189
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:47 am

I know this anime and I like it. I watched about 2 seasons or so. It's amazing despite some bloody scenes. Thankfully, they aren't so horrifying.

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54961
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:01 am

Ooohh I love this anime. They're always showing new episodes here and I tune in to watch them whenever I get the chance. Very Happy

Thank you for making my new set, Love. ^^
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:08 am

I actualy used to like this anime but well, you know it seems like it won't end soon enough that make me bored with it. Well, come on I first read the manga when I'm still in the third grade and now I'm in the eleventh grade and it still haven't reach it's end, that's why I'm getting bored with it.
Back to top Go down
MoonPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 177
Title : Moon Rose Of The Mystic Garden

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 pm

I know what you mean. 500 episodeS!!! ROFL XD
But I kind of like it everything that is connected with crime Wink
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:53 am

I started reading about 3-4 days ago and I'm at chapter 212 right now. This is definitely one of the longest manga I've ever read, is it still ongoing?

Anyways, I totally love this manga. Usually, with long manga, especially the ultra long Rumiko Takahashi class of manga, usually get boring with too much filler. There are two types of manga I think, manga which cuts a story up into small pieces, and places progress every volume or two, and manga which constantly progresses. Both have their pros and cons, usually with shorter manga it doesn't last too long, I blaze through a series in a couple hours, and if I enjoyed it, I'm left with a half full sort of feeling. With long manga, the filler can get boring, and if it drags out enough, it can get too boring to continue.

With Detective Conan, even the filler is page turningly good, because the different cases keep the series fresh. you're always learning something new, different tricks, ways to commit/investigate different types of crimes, and it's completely fascinating. Every case is different, even if some cases have some similarities. To be honest, This is a series I DON'T want to end. I wouldn't mind if Conan became Shinichi more often. But I feel if he finds a permanent antidote, the series will end, and I definitely don't want that.

Some things are a little annoying, particularily Ran Mouri's inability to remember Conan is a "child" genius when it comes to solving cases. And relaxing her suspicion about Conan's identity. Even if she doesn't confirm anything, it feels like every 30-40 chapters she realizes he is WAY to smart, accuses him of being Shinichi, then something completely unconvincing happens, and she accepts it! And for another 30 or so chapters, says nothign about it at all.

I've heard later on she becomes more suspicious though, so thats good. It's been days and I'm only 1/3 of the way to catching up.

I just hope when I DO catch up, there are enough updates for me...

As a side note, Detective Conan, and Lupin the Third, have gotten me into detective novels, Now I'm reading Arthur Conan Doyle's work, and I WANT to read Maurice Leblanc's work as well, but I can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:09 am

You know. . ., this manga is already had more then 60 volume and it's still on going. well if you read 212 chapter, then it's mean you're around volume 20+or 30+, and it's mean you're way late hehehe.
I'm already stuff with this manga, since I myself hate a long term manga, I start hating Bleach and Naruto now, and I'm happy to found Code Geass had reach it's end(in anime and it's only 55 episode( Detective Conan is more then 500 episode now and had not reach it's end), and can't believe that Inuyasha had reach it's end too(after that loong work hehehe).

Well, I'm agree with you about Ran and Conan afterall hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Medea

Female
Number of posts : 3
Title : The Queen of Pitchforks
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 am

I actually just watch the movies. It gets tedious reading the manga or watching the series. Plus the 13th movie promises something exciting, the Black Organization finding out Conan is Shinichi. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan - Case Closed   

Back to top Go down

Detective Conan - Case Closed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General :: Anime, Books, Movies, etc :: Anime Reviews-
Jump to: