Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Today at 5:05 pm by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53134
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:09 am

Hi all,

Well, recently, I've got some more of Shakespeare's books and I fell in love with it even more. I've been wondering, what books did you guys read for him? Did you like it? What's your favorite? What do you think of them? Here are mine:

Midsummer Night Dream

A pretty funny story. I like it for it's humor and the use of love potions. (I am addicted to those things. lol)

Merchant of Venice

Lovely and clever story. It is a good one although it wasn't really my taste. But I liked the ending. Laughing

Macbeth

Ahhh, this one was ok. It was pretty evil and bloody, though. O_O Not really my liking.

Much Ado about Nothing

This one is sure one of my favorites. Very Happy It is funny, lovely and romantic. And there is a fainting scene, yays!

Twelfth Night

I like this one, too. It is pretty good and intelligent. But a bit confusing, though. O_O

As you like it

Long live this story! Very Happy Rosalind and Celia are there! Yays! lol

The Winter's Tale

I really love this story. It's tragedy and in the same time comedy. I liked the ending and how everyone was happily united at the end.

Othello

Uhh, romantic, sad and a tragedy for real. Shocked I liked it very much, for the content was very interesting. But the ending could have been better. O_O

Romeo and Juliet

Alex and Nerine *cough* Romeo and Juliet is the best play I've read for Shakespeare. So romantic, so sad, so lovely. Sad

The Taming of the Shrew

It's a good story, I guess. It confused me a bit, though. O_o

King Lear

This one is really sad, why did the good daughter lose at the end? Sad

Hamlet

I liked this one, too but it was really sad. (Gee, Shakespeare, you should have written more happy things. -_-)

Well, as you see, I am a big fan. lol My favorite so far is Romeo and Juliet (no, not Alex and Nerine. lol)

Long live Shakespeare~! Very Happy (Oh, wait, he is already dead.)

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54906
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:39 am

lol This is a great topic, Love. Smile

I've read quite a lot of Shakespeare's works as well. It's pretty impressive that you've read a lot of his books. I've read a lot on the list that you've shown and an additional one. As you know, Shakespeare's works are categorized into tragedies, comedies, and histories. I suppose his best works are the tragedies although they make me feel a bit depressed so I go for more of the comedies. Wink

Midsummer Night's Dream was the first play that I read. It's pretty funny but I like how just about everyone gets paired up and/or has a happy ending.

I haven't read Merchant of Venice but my dad has. He says it's pretty good so you two would have a good chat over it. Smile

I agree that Macbeth is pretty bloody. And well, you know how I feel about witches. Razz

As You Like It is my favorite play and I didn't even realize that Rosalind and Celia are in it. lol But what I really like about this play is how the female protagonist is such a strong character and goes after what she wants. Wink

Othello is pretty tragic, too, I agree. It does teach us about jealousy and how it can consume people if we let it get too far. (I like how Shakespeare's works can teach us about parts of the human psyche. lol)

Hamlet-I've read this one, too. I think this was the last Shakespeare play that I read but ironically, I don't remember what it was about. Razz

Romeo and Juliet-lol on Alex and Nerine. But in some ways, Alex and Nerine are like Romeo and Juliet except that in the RP, Alex is the one who is with another as with the play, Juliet is the one promised to Prince (I forgot what's-his-name lol). But hopefully, in the RP, there is a happier ending. Wink

Aside from those, I've read Julius Caesar. It's part history and part tragedy. It details about Caesar's rise to power in the Roman Empire and the treachery that his best friend does on him when they feel that Caesar is becoming too power hungry. (That should teach us not to be too power hungry in life. lol)

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:07 am

yeah i red about julius caesar, he got killed by the senate that rome had established, sucks to be him
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 am

@Kaisuto:

lol That's true. But from what I understand, I think it was ultimately Caesar's own fault. At first, he tried to establish some sort of democracy but then he got too power hungry. This should be a lesson to all politicians out there. Razz

Back to top Go down
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 am

@pheonixgirl

Yes, i think the moral is "never eat twinkies with your pizza" lol jk
the moral is "those with power and let it get to their head will eventually suffer the ultimate consequence"
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:51 am

@Kaisuto:

lol But I like "never eat twinkies with your pizza" better. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:09 am

yeah i tried it and it makes ur stomach feel like bubblish
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:23 am

@Love: well, you can't say longlived for someone who had already passed away, hehehe. But It's okay I know you like his books

I haven't realy have read even one book writen by Shakespeare. Well, since I don't realy like the old english hehe. But I'm starting to wander how his book related to what happening in the RP hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer   

Back to top Go down

William Shakespeare: The famous English Writer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General :: Anime, Books, Movies, etc-
Jump to: