Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.


When Passion and Fun Meet
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Our Games


Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Yesterday at 5:44 pm by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Dreams for the Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anarch
.
.


Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Dreams for the Future   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm

This thread is to discuss our dreams, be they silly or realistic, or a combination of the two.

I'm an AnarchoCommunist. That basically means I value freedom and sharing above all else.

My dream for the future is to, with friends and family, create an Anarcho-Commune. I have a vision of what I would like to see, but not all the details are there. I see a beautiful field, with some slight sloping hills, and a river running through it.It is completely surrounded by forest. In my vision, it would be open. But practically, it would be walled. In this field, there are a handful of large buildings. The Community Center would be the main building the community is built around, it would be a place for the community to bond and interact with eachother. A "Shop" for working, a "Store" for products, a "Bank" for resources, and possibly a building to handle power (generated by solar and microhydro from the river.) In addition to these main buildings there are smaller buildings as houses. These would be modestly sized, as they would mainly be used for sleeping, and hygiene, and storage for "personal" products. Meals and interaction would occur outside, or in the Community Center. There would be a large Garden capable of sustaining the community, with a small orchid of fruit trees to the side of it. The river could be used for fishing. The community center would have computers in them, somehow hooked up to the internet (satellite maybe?) for kids and adults to learn, communicate, and entertain themselves, though likely it would be a more active community, as the field outside would be large enough for games and sports, and the river gentle enough for swimming.

The community would share all the resources. The bank would be operated on the principle that anyone could take what they need from it. And as long as it is put to use, that's fine. So long as people aren't hoarding resources. The shop would be a place where things are made. It would be beside the bank, and have kitchens, and other workshops for carpentry, metalworking etc. The store is more "storage" than place to buy things, as all the items made there work on the same system as the bank. As long as it is in use, take what you need, but if it isn't in use, it goes back so others can use it if they need it. Food would be stored in the community center, as that is where people would go to eat, or at least, get the food, if they planned on eating outside.

Jobs would be done on a "by need as wanted" basis. so if something needs to be done, someone would do it if they felt like it. If no one feels like it, eventually it'll get done by someone who DOESN'T feel like it, because if it needs to get done it will. There would be no leader. no "mayor" Everyone would be equals in deciding what to do. Perhaps in different fields there would be experts, and while their opinions would be valued, they wouldn't be the bosses. If someone wanted to do something with resources that would take a while, they could talk it over with the community, and possibly reserve resources for larger projects. Otherwise, they would have to only take resources as they are being used. It would slow the process down, but it would allow for people to be free to take larger scale projects without approval from others.

The rule system would be based on the idea of freedom. Maximizing it as much as possible. Of course, for every freedom there is a conflicting freedom, so they would have to be compromized or chosen in the way that the community would agree. For instance If a person is free from oppression, that includes physical oppression such as physical violence, however, protecting that persons right means restricting the right to attack someone. In this case, the oppression caused by use of force is worse than the restriction of force.

I'm sure I have more to say, and perhaps might draw some pictures, but currently I'm tired and will be going to bed soon, so I'm going to have to stop here.

If anyone wants to question or comment on my dream here, give constructive criticism or ideas for improving it please do.

If anyone wants to share their own dreams for the future, that is what this thread is for, and I look forward to seeing some dreams.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 55037
Age : 38
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:11 am

Hi Anarch,

I read over your dream of anarcho-communism and it sounds very interesting. Smile

I've only had a chance to glance at it but I do have a question. It's regarding the concept of no leaders. You say that they could be replaced by experts but hmm, if there were no leaders, wouldn't society eventually fall into chaos? From what I've seen, the problem with some leaders is that they don't always consider what's best for the community. They don't think through an idea before implementing it. I could name examples of such people but I know that I tend to have problems with leaders who think they can just do anything without considering how the members of the community might be affected, whether positively or negatively. Although I don't really consider myself a leader, what I do is when there's an idea or decision to be made, I try to ask others around me what they think about it before actually going through with it (unless I know ahead of time that they'll be cool with it). That way, I don't run into problems later on.

I'll probably have other thoughts as well but those are the ones that pop into mind at the moment.

_________________


Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
.
.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Age : 24
Location : The Road of Redemption
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:41 am

well im not pointing any fingers at anybody *cough Obama* but some leaders dont really have any experience and think that they are so capibal of leading 8.9 billion people. and im still not pointing fingers *cough McCain* but they also think that the people should pay all this money because the rich people are to lazy to do crap and the goverments an ass.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 55037
Age : 38
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 am

@Kaisuto:

lol Well, I won't get into the issue of politics. That tends to be pretty heated and all. Wink

But yeah, I understand how you feel. The people who can make good leaders, though, probably don't want to volunteer themselves for the task because they know it's a huge responsibility and they may know that they aren't ready to deal with it yet.

_________________


Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Anarch
.
.


Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 am

phoenixgirl wrote:
Hi Anarch,

I read over your dream of anarcho-communism and it sounds very interesting. Smile

I've only had a chance to glance at it but I do have a question. It's regarding the concept of no leaders. You say that they could be replaced by experts but hmm, if there were no leaders, wouldn't society eventually fall into chaos? From what I've seen, the problem with some leaders is that they don't always consider what's best for the community. They don't think through an idea before implementing it. I could name examples of such people but I know that I tend to have problems with leaders who think they can just do anything without considering how the members of the community might be affected, whether positively or negatively. Although I don't really consider myself a leader, what I do is when there's an idea or decision to be made, I try to ask others around me what they think about it before actually going through with it (unless I know ahead of time that they'll be cool with it). That way, I don't run into problems later on.

I'll probably have other thoughts as well but those are the ones that pop into mind at the moment.

Well, I don't think chaos would happen. People often have relationships with eachother, such as a couple, or a group of friends, where no one is really a leader, but everything works out.

The problem with having a leader is not matter WHAT a leader decides, it's going to cause a problem unless everyone agrees. And if you are electing a leader democratically, he will lead people who didn't want him to lead. And that causes oppression (forcing people who think he shouldn't be leader to follow his decision.

Like you said often leaders only do what is best for a small group of people, and they don't really think about anyone else when making decisions. This will always happen, because any decision will make some people sad and some people happy.

To counteract this, an anarcho commune lets people decide for themselves how to live their lives, so they are the leader of themselves. There are just a set of guidelines in place to make sure people aren't being unkind to each other.

If people truly need a leader, than who will lead the leader? If he can live without being told what to do, surely other people can as well.
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Age : 31
Location : Malaysia
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:13 pm

@Anarch
That indeed sounds like a wonderful dream for the future. With all due respect, I personally thinks you dream is wonderful however there might be some difficulties in achieving it, at least not in the nearest future just yet...We humans still have a long way to go before we can see each other eye to eye, stand on equal ground and live in harmony with one another no matter what race, color, origins one is from.

As many good people there are in the world, there are also a comparable number of not all that horrid people in this world. Even with proper guidelines to keep people in line and to avoid unwanted conflict and oppression of a certain group, there are still people who are unwilling to abide by rules and regulations. According to what you mentioned in the about post about Anarcho-Commune, each person is a leader of themselves. What if one decides that all available rules or regulations wouldn't he think he is free to do what he likes even it goes against the society's welfare or rulings. He could argue that "Who are you to tell me what to do? You're not the boss of me. I am and I am free to decide what I want to do." Wouldn't that pose a trouble?

Even in the world of politics...Democratic or monarchy rulings...Each have their own weakness. Monarchy rulings are less prevalent compared to the olden ages, King and Queens of the past had failed their subjects by being poor leaders. And in democractic societies, though the people decides who will be their leader but still there are disagreements and clashes between differing group occurs and again the people suffer as a consequence. So if the leader thing isn't such a good idea, why not try the one whereevery one is a leader? Sounds good but can it work? Without a leader, how would the people come up with any decisions if they cannot reach an agreement? If disagreement were to turn into a bigger issue, wouldn't the world fall into chaos (like how Phoenixgirl describes it to be)? without a leader, who and how will the people what stay and what goes, what is appropriate and what is not? what is good and what isn't? Following the majority votes may not always be the solution. There are times when majorities make mistake and misjudge a situation. Group think-everyone think that their way is the best just because majority believed in it, even though the idea or decision was the most inappropriate one to make. What is different from the majority is not always the less reliable one. There are many grey areas in terms of opinion and there isn't true boundaries between various matter, that's just makes it hard to make fair judgments or decisions if there are no clear boundaries for fairness itself.

You answered:
[quote]Well, I don't think chaos would happen. People often have relationships with eachother, such as a couple, or a group of friends, where no one is really a leader, but everything works out.[quote]

But not everyone no matter how close they may be, there are times where disagreements could turn ugly and both parties tried to tear down each other. We live in what we call "a dog eat dog world". Even the closest of friends or siblings could even go as far as to stomp each other out in a struggle for power, wealth and fame. Humans'greed and selfishness are on of the causes that drive them to salvage what they can for theirself as they compete with others in this seemingly never ending rat-race.

All in all, the dream is something great but there are many things to consider in order to make it a reality. Both the strengths and weakness of the idea needs to be weight and analyse if its implementation actually brings more good than harm that are speculated to happened.
Back to top Go down
Anarch
.
.


Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:17 pm

WHOA! AWESOME POST ELIE!
The majority of our disagreement I think can be easily explained by clarifying my position a bit.
ELIE-3173 wrote:
@Anarch
That indeed sounds like a wonderful dream for the future. With all due respect, I personally thinks you dream is wonderful however there might be some difficulties in achieving it, at least not in the nearest future just yet...We humans still have a long way to go before we can see each other eye to eye, stand on equal ground and live in harmony with one another no matter what race, color, origins one is from.
I definitely agree. I'm a "passive revolution" Anarchist. Which means instead of trying to destroy the government to create nationwide Anarchy, I propose starting small and creating a community wide Anarchy, and growing it from there.

ELIE-3173 wrote:
As many good people there are in the world, there are also a comparable number of not all that horrid people in this world. Even with proper guidelines to keep people in line and to avoid unwanted conflict and oppression of a certain group, there are still people who are unwilling to abide by rules and regulations. According to what you mentioned in the about post about Anarcho-Commune, each person is a leader of themselves. What if one decides that all available rules or regulations wouldn't he think he is free to do what he likes even it goes against the society's welfare or rulings. He could argue that "Who are you to tell me what to do? You're not the boss of me. I am and I am free to decide what I want to do." Wouldn't that pose a trouble?
I agree, which is why this wold be more of an intentional community, built and lived in by like minded people. Once the community is born, we could have people go out into society, and invite people to come and see what the lifestyle is like, in a way to show people a different way of life, and see if they'd like to join.
It depends on what that person wants to do that goes against the rules. It could go from letting him do it because its not a big deal, to exile from the community.

ELIE-3173 wrote:
Even in the world of politics...Democratic or monarchy rulings...Each have their own weakness. Monarchy rulings are less prevalent compared to the olden ages, King and Queens of the past had failed their subjects by being poor leaders. And in democractic societies, though the people decides who will be their leader but still there are disagreements and clashes between differing group occurs and again the people suffer as a consequence. So if the leader thing isn't such a good idea, why not try the one whereevery one is a leader? Sounds good but can it work? Without a leader, how would the people come up with any decisions if they cannot reach an agreement? If disagreement were to turn into a bigger issue, wouldn't the world fall into chaos (like how Phoenixgirl describes it to be)? without a leader, who and how will the people what stay and what goes, what is appropriate and what is not? what is good and what isn't? Following the majority votes may not always be the solution. There are times when majorities make mistake and misjudge a situation. Group think-everyone think that their way is the best just because majority believed in it, even though the idea or decision was the most inappropriate one to make. What is different from the majority is not always the less reliable one. There are many grey areas in terms of opinion and there isn't true boundaries between various matter, that's just makes it hard to make fair judgments or decisions if there are no clear boundaries for fairness itself.
Majority votes is democracy. The majority ruling over the minority telling them what to do wouldn't fly in an anarchist society. That would oppress the monority. Basically, the only rules in place would be rules to protect people from oppression, and to stop people from hoarding. Everything else is unnecessary.

[quote="ELIE-3173"]You answered:
Quote :
Well, I don't think chaos would happen. People often have relationships with eachother, such as a couple, or a group of friends, where no one is really a leader, but everything works out.
Quote :


But not everyone no matter how close they may be, there are times where disagreements could turn ugly and both parties tried to tear down each other. We live in what we call "a dog eat dog world". Even the closest of friends or siblings could even go as far as to stomp each other out in a struggle for power, wealth and fame. Humans'greed and selfishness are on of the causes that drive them to salvage what they can for theirself as they compete with others in this seemingly never ending rat-race.
I believe we create the dog eat dog world through environmental triggers.
Thats why the rules in Anarchy are solely to remove greed from the equation. If there are no leaders, then there is nothing to be power hungry for. If there is no wealth, no hoarding of resources, there is little to be greedy about. Everything is available, and everything is possible, so long as it isn't oppressing others. The reson people hunger for power is because the higher up on the ladder, the more freedom you have. The reason people want more money is because the wealthier you are, the freer you are in a capitalist system. In Anarcho-Communism, everyone has reached that pinnacle of freedom. The resources are open for use, so long as they aren't being hoarded, and the decision making ability is in their own hands as they are their own boss.
[quote="ELIE-3173"]All in all, the dream is something great but there are many things to consider in order to make it a reality. Both the strengths and weakness of the idea needs to be weight and analyse if its implementation actually brings more good than harm that are speculated to happened.
Definately, and although some of the issues you brought up can be taken care of by making sure the people in the community will get along before hand, there ARE other issues with my vision. Which I'm trying to find fixes for.

For instance, how can I pull this off as naturally as possible, WITHOUT forsaking technology completely? How can we create the tools and machines we need to live. Currently, the way our society has develloped, most of our advancement has come in a mass production way. However, in a small community, you dont need to create 1000 chairs a day, or 1 million pencils. you need to create the amount the community needs. Individual manufacturing has been forgotten by advancement. That is an area that needs fixed.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 53265
Age : 21
Location : Egypt
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:12 am

Wow, nice topic. XD Well, just the kind of a topic I needed, since I really have a dream I look up to yet some people think it's bad for me.

Well, my dream is to be a writer. I read quite a lot of books and among those which I loved are Shakespeare's books and Charles Dickens'. Those plays like Romeo and Juliet, Othello and As you like it are quite of my favorites as well as David Copperfield and Oliver Twist. They have made me like to write and make stories, poems, plays and novels. I am beginning to work on my dream fair a bit already like reading a fair share of books for inspiration and knowledge. I have also began writing my own fiction and stories and is still planning for more.

The reason I want to be a writer is that I like the job of writing. I think writing can deliver a message to people in an indirect way. Love stories, mysteries and real life stories- each kind has a different kind of message. I am most interested in love stories because, even though some people might think that love is 'silly', I believe that love is a way of relieving stress and of feeling better. To find your other soul and live a happy life with him/her, to find someone who will share your pain and sorrow and your happiness and joy, it's sure is a pleasant thing. I am sure that people who are depressed, sad or anxious or so because of real life will need some fantasy and imagination every once in a while to get away to the other world.

Well, that is my dream. ^^

_________________

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 55037
Age : 38
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:17 am

Hi Love,

That's a really nice dream. Smile

I agree with you about love and how it can relieve stress and all that. Like at the moment, Lila's really happy that Laurence loves her. And I see that Alex and Greg are happy, too. Razz

_________________


Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 53265
Age : 21
Location : Egypt
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 am

Thanks, phoenix. Smile

And lol, yeah, I agree with you there. Nerine and Rosalind are quite happy, too. Rosaline and Bryan should also feel the same. Razz

_________________

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl
.
.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 55037
Age : 38
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 am

Yup, yup. But Rosaline and Bryan haven't met each other yet but I think they'll hit it off. Wink

_________________


Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
lillyofthewest
.
.
avatar

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:16 am

Yay I'm glad this topic exists, especially as it's almost New Year here and one of the things I'm going to do next year is take a course in writing, like Love i'd like to be a write, I think i'd be best at writing fantasy and mysterious, that what I have most experience in and I just feel at the mo a very strong drive to be a writer, I need to do something creative, the problem I have is setting my thoughts in order, I have loads of ideas but I don't finish them through so I'm hoping inspiration will strike and in 2009 and can start to get something down on paper Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dreams for the Future   

Back to top Go down
 
Dreams for the Future
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: