Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Today at 7:54 am by Miss Nile

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Not really sure what to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54857
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Not really sure what to do   Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:35 am

Hi all,

Well, I couldn't think of a better title so I came up with the one above. lol

Anyway, I need some advice about something so I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help.

Now I won't go into details or anything but this happened to me recently on another site and it ticked me off. (But since this is more than a rant, I thought it better to make a new thread.) What happened was that I was posting on that place as usual and made some offhand comment. Someone wondered why I hadn't posted on the forum area in a while and I told him that although I was still around there, I just didn't want to bother posting in certain forum areas because certain members (particularly older ones) were causing a lot of trouble and getting to the point of bullying and harassing me. (And for those of you who know me, you all know that I still have some bad effects from that.) So that's what I told him and it was only directed towards him so no one else should have posted. Then this older member makes a big production telling me that I'm being overdramatic and directs me to this link. So I take a look at the link and it almost brought me to the point of tears. This older member should never have posted such a thing in the first place because otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered looking at the link. Anyway, someone made a post regarding a post I made in which I said I didn't want there to be any more "drama" and this b**** (yeah, I was close to saying a bad word) says that I cause all the drama and called me a manipulator, neither of which are true. I could name examples where older members were causing the drama and I wasn't involved in it. They just caused that trouble for themselves. And as for manipulator, I may be overemotional at times but I don't manipulate anyone.

So this brought me to tears and I told one of my close friends in real life about it and she got so mad that I was targeted like that that she went ahead and posted to this person, telling her off, etc. Since then, neither of us have bothered going on that site. (Kind of hard for me to do since I actually like that place minus the "drama" forums)

(Oh and I've sent an email to the moderator of that site regarding the inappropriate post that this person made but I haven't received a response yet.)

So it brings me to my dilemma (sort of but I'm not sure if dilemma is the right word). Usually, if this kind of thing happens, I'd just leave that place entirely and never come back. Hopefully, in time, I can forget about it and move on. But here's the thing. I've invested money in that place, meaning that I've bought things from there, earned special achievements, etc. What I was thinking was to have my account deleted but hopefully my achievements, etc., can be moved over to my new account. I could just request a name change and change my pic but after hearing that some members can find out if others are the same person but using different names using the RSS feed, I thought it would be better just to create a new account and ask if my achievements can be transferred over. I'd ask if my new account can't be traced back to me except by the staff, which makes sense.

So here's what I'm wondering. Assuming that nothing is done about that inappropriate post, I wonder if I should just leave that place entirely. The truth is, though, that I like it too much to leave it and I could just avoid the forums from now on. There are other things to do there besides posting. So if I stay, should I just ask for the creation of a new account and ask that it not be traced? That way, I can post on the forums again but just avoid certain areas. I'm not really sure what's the best thing to do here so I'd appreciate any advice. (And if anyone wants to know the details, please send me a PM.)

Meh and off-topic, it disturbs me when older members think that just because they've been on a site longer, that they have the right to bully newer members. Rolling Eyes I hope that never happens here.

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:33 am

It wont, ill make sure of that Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53086
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:25 am

Aw, I am sorry this happened to you phoenix. Here is a hug from me. Hug

Well, if you do like/want to post on the forums, I guess it's better to create a new account. But if posting on the forums is not that important to you, then just stick with the other things.

Over all, I want to say that, even though there are some bad people around in some forums, you should always remember that there are good ones also who are here for you and will always be. Smile

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:35 am

Love's right Lovely pink-haired sister.

You can make a new account and have your achievements given to you from your old account.

Sadly though you'll have to make limited interactions with people you know who might make trouble or they could have a chance to spread that information to others.

Theres a lot who-will-abuse-that-on-the-dime, Even for bad people, they just blab it out for fad reasons or they dont want to let their targets go, you going missing is pretty much the end to their world...then because they put their hearts too much into the internet they become over emotional [The wrong way, not like you, i cant even help myself at times of crying *blushes*] And may attempt suicidal activities or go overboard about life and start out the wrong way.

I guess it depends on the person on the otherside..

... I yammered on AGAIN! >.<

Anyway just do what you think is best sister...Im behind you all they way =3
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm

I agree with Xeomega and Love
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54857
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks for the support, all. Smile

Well, for the time being, I'm taking a break from that place. One of my friends in real life recommended that as well as my dad. Also, I got a response back from one of the mods there and they said that they could take care of the offensive post if I give them the link to it and all. And they apologized that I was hurt over the matter, which was really nice of them. Overall, I still like that place despite that there are a couple of jerks there.

So yeah, I'll just take a breather from it and come here and Facebook for now. Then if I want to make a new account, I'll talk it over with the administration and see if they can transfer my achievements and so forth. That way, I won't have to completely start over.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Smile

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not really sure what to do   

Back to top Go down

Not really sure what to do
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: