Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Yesterday at 5:44 pm by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Online Behavior and Ethics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 55037
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Online Behavior and Ethics   Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 am

Hi all,

I wanted to start another debate topic here. This one is pretty close to me so I'd really like to read some opinions about the topic I'm about to present. Smile

Now for those who don't know me well, I'm a pretty ethical person. For example, I don't go around posting nonsense or, in other words, spam because it would annoy some people to have to read that. Even if it isn't stated in the rules that spam's forbidden, I still wouldn't post such material (or at least try my best not to do so). However, I recently noticed on another forum that someone is posting such spam by frequently going off-topic and making random posts. It kind of looks like that person is just increasing his/her post count and that doesn't seem right to me.

Recently, I talked to this person via PM about his/her posting behavior and how it wasn't right of this person to make such needless posts and all. This person got all defensive and started bringing up topics which (although he/she didn't realize it) brought my stress level way up and put my health in danger. (It's a long story but I'm not supposed to be under a lot of stress at the moment. I got pretty sick sometime back because my stress level shot way up to the roof.)

So anyway, I guess the situation brings me to the situation. I've seen other examples online where people have behaved unethically and it does bother me, perhaps more so than other people. Now I don't know whether I'm just taking that stuff too seriously or if I just happen to be more ethical than the average person. Another example is a time when I heard that someone was "volunteering" information about another person. To be more specific, this person was being catty and saying bad things about another person when no one asked him/her about it. Now there is no rule against that kind of behavior but it does bother me because there's no reason for such behavior to occur in the first place. And the person who was being catty happened to be female. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned or whatever but the way I was raised...If someone behaved like that, it's not very genteel. It's pretty rude and low class behavior.

At any rate, I'm curious to know what you all think about online behavior and ethics. Should ethics matter in how people behave online? As you all can tell, ethics do matter to me but as I've seen online, it obviously doesn't matter to other people. I don't know if I just take ethics too seriously or what so I'd like to read your thoughts about this subject. They'll help to resolve some issues I'm having. Thanks. Smile

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53265
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am

It differs.Smile

Well, I am an ethic person as well, but not much, I think it's ok to play games around the forum and all (Is that forum allows it), but to post things off-topics and post random things is pretty annoying.
Also, I hate it when someone posts bad things about someone else, that's if he/she mentioned his/her name and talked with pretty rude words, but if he/she didn't mention the name, and didn't talk with such rude words, maybe it's ok or he/she just needs to relief the stress.(Like what I do sometimes)

I think being ethic differs between people, as there are people who minds it, and others not.

Well, hope you are ok.Smile

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 am

Thanks, Love. I appreciate your thoughts about this topic. Smile

I agree with all of your points as well. And it's very true that ethics will differ depending on the person and I suppose it'll depend on how that person was raised and so how important ethics are to him/her. Also, I do agree with your point that it is ok to talk about problems if the other parties aren't mentioned by name. It's not like someone can say for certain that the person is ranting about this other person. (It annoys me when some people automatically jump to the conclusion that, for example, I'm ranting about this or that person when I didn't even mention them by name. Rolling Eyes )

And yes, I'm feeling better now. I've been having some mood changes lately. Might just be the season and all. Wink

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm reviving this topic for a specific reason. Wink

I need some help on the situation so it's an advice but it can also be considered a debate (as long as things don't get out of hand, that is).

Anyway, I was wondering what to do about the following. Let's say that someone in authority is trashing your name/character because he/she misinterpreted what others have said. I can't go into more details than that. And this person is becoming so bad that he/she has become threatening. (And yes, this is happening online which is why I'm posting in this thread.) Any advice on how to handle the situation?

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53265
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:08 am

The best thing is to report it to that who can do do something towards it, or any political sites.

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:55 pm

I try to watch what i say when i post and i make sure that my computer and internet connection are in working inorder so i wont accidently double post when it freezes or such. =3
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Behavior and Ethics   

Back to top Go down

Online Behavior and Ethics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: