Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Today at 8:08 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:20 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:24 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Cyber Bullying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54723
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Cyber Bullying   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:47 am

Hi all,

I know I brought up this topic way back but rather than going back to unlock it all, I'll make a new thread instead. This is just to update on the topic but I wanted to bring the following new article to everyone's attention:

Teen sues Facebook over cyberbullying

Man, this topic really hits home. As much as I love Facebook, I honestly hope that the teen wins. Cyberbullying must never be tolerated and those who fail to act to stop it adequately must be held accountable. And a win would mean that the bullies don't win.

Anyway, thought I'd bring this up. It's news that I'll be watching closely. Wink

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Stardale

Male
Number of posts : 529
Title : Archon of the Skies
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 am

Oh gads, though I want to say I love having a facebook account, if I were the victim, I would really get mad of what they done. And there was no action made by facebook authorities (maybe) that could have warned the accused, or simply banning them.

And also, if ever Denise F. saw the group, then why didn't she report it as an abuse? If she did see it, she has 10% fault. If not, well its just bad luck for her.
Back to top Go down
http://winchystardale.tumblr.com
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54723
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:21 am

Hmm I don't really know about that. I did read the article about this case and there have been other articles published by other newspapers about this story but they don't give out the details. I did assume that Denise reported the matter to Facebook authorities but they may not have done anything? I haven't really had that kind of problem, though, with Facebook. Some sites don't really bother to address problems or sweep them under the rug to pretend that they dont' exist but Facebook has always been very good to me.

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:23 am

Same here, Ive never really had problems with facebook.
Back to top Go down
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm

for me i had a few but not bullying really because i like fight back. like hell i would let someone i don't know call me muslim b!tch. (sorry for the word) people like those online bullies are just sad, angry, nasty people. i believe that if someone won't let themselves be bullied there won't be any bullies but i guess not everyone has a strong personality. the only fix for that is turn on your privacy settings and don't add someone you don't know.
Back to top Go down
mikasalla

Male
Number of posts : 521
Title : The Recluse
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 am

I did experience from the forum site called site... I got bullied, attacked and being threatened by a few members there... I could hardly forgive them... Things are unfair in human life...
Back to top Go down
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:57 pm

^well yeah thats sort of reality, life could be really unfair. its really annoying but i guess we just need to suck it up and try to get on with life.
Back to top Go down
Ruffi

Female
Number of posts : 90
Title : The Thief of Mind
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 am

This subject brings me back to how people are not "intellectually endowed", not to say that they are stupid. Stupidity seems to bathe at the roots of the human society and I don't know and haven't found a way to fight it, besides ignoring, which excuse me, but it's pathetically passive for me.

In my country, we have a proverb, "One stupid person throws a rock and ten clever people struggle to get it out." And I think we can apply it fairly well.

To get back to the bullying point and why do I insist on this theme. An intelligent person would never seek to take pride by making others feel inferior with insults. A true intelligent person would know what's the difference between dignity and pride and would not resort to insults in order to let other know they are inferior. And yes, my point is that bullies are stupid and frustrated people that are either not as dumb but just need to show their superiority in one way or another and that's as far as their brain can go, either they are really, really stupid. And I am going to quote another proverb from my country :" The stupid is not stupid enough until he is prideful too". So the other category of people is really that intelligent that they must show they can be proud too. Human minds are so sadly easy to decipher I am almost ashamed of myself being able to tell what people think.

"But Ruffi!! There are people who are smart and prideful as well, and they like to just rub their smartness in your face."

Well then, if said people are so prideful, excuse you, but they should booty slap their selves and not ever claim they are smart ever again. Intelligence does not only mean you know how to solve a integral or asymptote math problem. Intelligence dwells in wisdom as well. So before people go babbling about how smart they claim to be, they should use that marvelous brain they praise so much and think if they really are as smart as to be able to learn some modesty beforehand ;]

(I expect people who feel offended by what I said to think about what I said first)

P.S: I know I am harsh, but truth is harsh sometimes. :/
Back to top Go down
http://fluffymechanism.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Bullying   

Back to top Go down

Cyber Bullying
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: