Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 am by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)   Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 am

Hi all,

This story was written as a contest entry for "Thoughts beneath the Cherry Blossom" story contest held in conjunction with the Amaranthia Druids' 2009 Annual Song of Trees and Spring festival that was held on the 24th May to the 31st of May in the Amaranth Game Forum's Fairgrounds.

This entry made it through the preliminary voting round and entered the finals and won second place cheers

Though Druid Florhenhina (Moony a.k.a MoonPrincess) said all the entries would be kept in the druids' private archive but since I own this piece of writing so I'm sure Florhenhina wouldn't mind Nessa (my druid persona) allowing Elie (also me) to post it here Rolling Eyes as I want to share this with my friends here too. Smile

Originally, this entry did not have a title as I forgotten to make one lol! So I named it after the main character, Sakura.

So here is my first publicly released one-shot story...I hope you all would enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura

As the rising sun cast its glorious rays upon the earth, it looked as if a painter had painted the earth in a soft yet rich golden color. Twittering birds took flight while slumbering blossom buds begun to stir and spread their soft petals open and basked them in the warm morning light. I breathed in the fresh spring air as memories of the past came flooding into my mind.

It was a morning like this when I first met him. A young boy with a mouth stuffed with dango and sweet sticky sauce smeared the corners of his mouth. He walked towards me and held out a stick with three large dango, “For you.” I hesitated as mother had always taught me never to accept sweets from strangers, I stole a peak at mother to see what she had to say. Mother was busy chatting away with one of the ladies we had just met. The boy appeared to be impatient with my indecisiveness, he grabbed my hand and forcefully made me hold the dango he offered. “Eat!” I stared at the dango and stole another look at mother and seeing that she was too busy to notice I took a bite onto the round, mouth watering snack. “Good…” that was all I can say after taking a bite into the heavenly tasting snack which I was usually not allowed to taste. The sticky boy just grinned widely at me and I smiled back. I don’t quite remember what happened next but all I could remember was how delicious that forbidden snack tasted in spite of the lecture mother had gave me for eating snacks without her permission.

It was this very spot that I later met him again. This time we were a little older than when we first met. The dango boy was an active eight year old while I was still the timid and quiet girl I was a couple of years ago. Together with the children from the other families who gathered around the cherry blossom garden for hanami (cherry blossom viewing), we had a wonderful time playing hide and seek and by the end of the day our clothes were soiled and a bit tattered from climbing trees and hiding behind rocks and caves. Again I was given a lecture from mother for my unruly behavior which was not lady-like at all. But all that didn’t quite matter as I made new friends that day and got to know more about the sweet, dango boy who was just as sweet and sticky as I first met him.

As the years flew by, this very spot—the glorious, pink cherry blossom plant that acted as our meeting place where we met up yearly until that very day… “I had been chosen to serve in the military. I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning at dawn. So I guess this would be goodbye…” he said. “But you don’t like war and fighting…You wanted to be a painter and…and…” I tried my best to be strong but I didn’t want him to leave and I tried to made petty excuses hoping that there was some way I could change his mind or make him stay. To my surprise, he pulled me into his embrace, “I’m sorry…I really don’t have a choice. I’m the eldest in the family and it is my duty to uphold and defend the family honor by fighting on their behalf. If I don’t go, they would take Kenji. With a condition like his, chances of him surviving the war are very slim.” It was true that his brother, Kenji, who has asthma as a child, he would never make it back alive if he was sent to war. I tried to put on a brave face but my own tears betrayed me, they would not stop flowing. “Don’t cry, this is goodbye for now…I’ll come back, I promise I’ll do my best to stay alive out there and make it back somehow.”

Since he left for war, I always visited this very tree, the one I called our tree to pray for his safety and may he come back alive and well. As the days go by, news of the war’s progressed made my heart sank. A few of the boys from our neighbor had died in the line of duty over the past couple of years. Those who were sent back home were in very bad shape, Yamamoto’s son, Yoshi is now an invalid as he lost his right leg when he stepped on a land mine while Tamiya’s eldest son died from a wound infection while at the military camp. All these grim news scared me and gave me nightmares as I lived in fear everyday that the authorities would one day bring the bad news of his death just like what they did for the others who had died.

Alas, it has been months since I last heard from him…I do not know if he was dead or alive. It seemed that the war is coming to an end and whatever remains of the troops will be send back home. I tried to live each day as it comes and go, praying that he will return to us soon. I kept telling my self, “As long as the military officials do not arrive at his house, then it is a good sign.” The only reason I could still believe he is alive is that there had not been any visits from the authorities. The only reason for them to appear at a time like this is to announce the death of their soldiers. I’ve seen parents and wives gone made with overwhelming sadness and despair when these officials came to tell them of the bad news.

After all the speculation of what was going to happen, the war had came to an end and just several days ago, Mrs. Kawashima told us that she receive a telegram from her sons saying that the men from our very own town will be returning. I was both overjoyed and afraid at the same time. He’s coming back! But I was also afraid that he might change so much that I would not be able to recognize him. Despite the fact that he will be coming back, but I couldn’t relax until I have seen him with my own eyes. My mind was clouded with a million questions and what if statements that revolves around the possible changes that might have changed him over the years.

Today is the day, I’m standing at our tree waiting for the train to arrive. It was going to be very crowded at the station’s platform so I decided that the best place see people who were coming and leaving by train as the local train station’s main entrance and exit was just next to this cherry blossom garden. Just then the whistle of the train blared loudly as the train arrived at the station. The moment of truth is here! All of my questions surrounding him will be answered and my doubts be cleared once I see him in the flesh. As each person stepped out of the train, my heart raced as my eyes scanned each person who walked through the platform’s main entrance. As more and more people walked through the main entrance my heart was racing at top speed, it felt like it was about to pop from all the excitement and anxiety. “Where is he? I thought to myself. My heart begun to doubt as the crowd that emerged from the entrance begun to lessen. “What if he really didn’t make? No….may be he was just held back at the military camp ground…May be he met someone and decided to stay with her longer….If that was the case, he would have told his family about it…” A gazillion thoughts raced across my head as I questions my own beliefs about his well being and at the same time tried to reassure myself that things will turn out alright. When the last few people has left the main entrance, I started to fall to pieces as there was no sign of him. I could no longer fight back the tears that had welled up in both of my eyes as they streamed down my eyes. “May be he really…” “Sakura-san, don’t give up just yet…I’m sure he’s been delayed that’s all…” said an elderly looking lady who was standing next to me. In my panic, I forgot that I was not alone- His mother and my mother were standing right next to me as we waited for him to appear. “That’s right, my dear child. You were so strong all this while encouraging Mrs. Kitazawa and her husband that he was alive. You always said ‘No news is good news’, remember dear?” my mother tried to assured me. While we were in the midst of our conversation, a voice called out to me. “Sakura , is that you?” I turned around to find a young man who looked as if he was worn from war, he held a walking stick in one hand as he tried to balance himself on his good leg, the one not wrapped in bandages. I was a bit dazed at first as my vision of the man standing in front of me was fogged up by my own tears. Then it strike me that this is the very person I had been waiting and crying over the past few months and years. I ran up to him as he welcome me with an embrace. “
Okaerinasai (Welcome home), Kenichi…” I said in between my sobbing. “Tadaima (I’m home), Sakura-chan” he smiled as he whispered these words into my ears.

Under this very cherry blossom tree, our tree as we both called it, I had experience and gone through many things over the years. I’ve found a friend when I first came here, bade goodbye to my beloved friend and lover and right now I re-experienced joy like I never knew before– to be able to hold my beloved once again and forever more. All these happened under this very cherry blossom tree, our tree, our meeting place where it all first begun, our fated meeting once upon a time not too very long ago.

Last edited by ELIE-3173 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hailstorm

Female
Number of posts : 11
Title : the devil's master
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 pm

WOW!!!!!So Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am

@hailstorm
Thank you ^^ Glad you liked it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts Beneath the Cherry Blossom ~ Memoirs of Sakura (One-shot)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: Show your work :: Writing-
Jump to: