Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Yesterday at 9:42 pm by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Quintessence - The Blighted Venom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 53110
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 am

Hi all,

So since phoenix mentioned earlier that she would like to see a new interesting RPG, this one instantly came to mind. It is one of my all time favorites which I seriously liked. It's made by the talented game maker, Reives.

Anyway, let me introduce the game, Quintessence, The Blighted Venom. The text in dark red is originally by me, while the rest is just a copy and paste. Razz

Unlike traditional RPGs, has a primary focus on story-telling and atmosphere, delivering a unique experience as a narrative-driven "interactive show".

With an award winning original soundtrack comprised of over 60 songs composed by James Q. Zhang and Kan Gao, music is an essential component of not only Quintessence's atmosphere, but also the story itself. The opening and ending themes feature performances by the talented Laura Shigihara and Adam Mussell.

The genre of the story is adventure, drama, and fantasy. Instead of a synopsis, here is the opening of the written version of the game's story. While the scene is not directly implemented in-game, the events surrounding it are.

1327, 3rd month, day 5
Second hour and seventeen minutes past midnight

The vase met the ground with a loud clash as the young man dashed by. With trembling hands, he reached under his grass-sewn bed sheet and retrieved a notebook, a quill pen and a bottle of clear, oily liquid. Dampening the quill in the bottle, he flipped to the blank page, fleetly trotting down the words as sweat dripped down onto the tawny pages.

1327, Month 3, day 5

I knew something was out of place, but not like this. . .

What does it mean? No, I cannot state this here, for it is not safe.

But it is still her. In either case, it has been this way for who knows how long now, and nothing has yet happened. Perhaps I still have time.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I still have a chance.

He took a deep breath and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Redampening the quill in the chipped bottle, he signed briefly at the bottom of the page as the rough handwriting gradually faded into the thin air.

Reivier Wirt

The exhausted figure pushed himself up and darted through the opening of the leathery tent. He paused for a moment and stared into the dim lit night, only to hear the wind whistling through the trebled leaves. Dim, silvery moonlight sprayed upon the rustling branches, brushing gently against the autumn night's air. With another sigh, he began to saunter silently onward, but the sound of soft footsteps upon the grass made him stop in his track and turn around.

Turn around to face the familiar figure that was now a stranger.

"Why are you still up at this nightly hour?" The figure spoke softly, with a tone that Reivier had embraced countless times. "Do you not wish to have a restful sleep?" It added after a brief pause.

Reivier's brows lowered as he took a small step back. His trembling hand instinctively reached behind his belt for his hunting knife, but it was too late.

Under the cloaking shadows, the figure swiftly lashed out something colorless, shimmering in the reflection of the guiding moonlight.

Powders, perhaps.

But that was the last thing he saw.

Despite delivering a story-oriented experience, Quintessence also offers a wide variety of game play through puzzles, mini-games and its real-time battle system.

Now, my own comments. I really loved this game much. A little warning, though, that it has LOTS of cutscenes, lots. (Literally) I wouldn't much recommend it for those who want to play. But story-wise, it's very clever and original. The music is so beautiful at many parts that one would just love to hear it more and more. There is not much to say about this game other than it's amazing, and that Reives did a great job with it. ^^

Anyway, enough of that. You must be paining to play already. XD Here goes the download, consisting of chapters 1-10.

The filesize is 102 MB, but trust me, worth it!

Chapters 1-10

Now after you play this, go to the site forum, www.freebirdgames.com , register and help Reives by becoming a member there! It's a friendly community and you will be supporting the game. ^^

Well, that's all. Stardale knows this game, too, since we both are members there so he is probably going to leave a comment. ^^

Goodness, this will make people hate my games. >.<

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54882
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:10 am

Yays! Now I won't be bored trying to find a good RPG to play. Very Happy

I've heard of this before although I never got the chance to play it earlier. Now that it looks like I might have a bit more free time, there's no time like the present. Wink

(And lol on the last comment. Personally, I'll still support your games, Love, no matter what. ^^)

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Stardale

Male
Number of posts : 529
Title : Archon of the Skies
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:22 am

Aey-uh! It is one of the best games that I have played. ^^ And I don't think its a valid reason to hate your games, Love. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://winchystardale.tumblr.com
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:25 am

lol It was just a comment, guys, I didn't mean it literally. Razz But if I was one, I would really trash my games and go play one of those awesome games like Quintessence.

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:54 am

I have a question on one of the puzzles. lol (I tried to register on freebird to see the solution to it but for some reason, it won't accept the verification. :S)

Anyway, I'm having trouble on the deer puzzle and don't have a clue on how to solve it. Any tips, help?

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:03 am

Here is something I quoted from the forum there on FreeBirds:

Quote :
What you have to is corner him, with the trap on one side, he won't jump over the trap. Then you need to maneuver Reivier and Vikon so that they occupy the two spots on the other side of the corner. The dear has nowhere to jump then, and you move whoever's closest to the deer over to the deer spot. He'll run into the trap then.

If you need to, spend a minute or so exploring the map, so you know exactly where the board ends and where all the spots are. That would make it a lot easier to figure out how to corner him.

Hope this helps. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 am

Ahh thanks, Love. I'll try that and see how it works. If I need more help, I'll be sure to post back here. ^^

Back to top Go down
mepwnn

Male
Number of posts : 41
Title : pwns!
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Necropost, sorry, but I need to mention...

[quote author=Reives link=topic=1805.msg71916#msg71916 date=1255246084]
Chapter XI
The Origin

Download Link: Click Me
(Use the save-file pre-provided in the folder to start.)

Well, after countless delays (and one broken computer), Chapter XI is finally released!
And personally, I think/hope it is one of the better chapters in Quintessence in some regards.

The chapter is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
While it is heavy on cut-scenes and linear story sequences as usual,
there are some new game-play mechanics being introduced: the underwater sequence.

[However, due to time constraint, it is not the final product - The improved version to be released in the near future will have better designs and things like parodies that are not in this one. What's there now should do a decent job of showing the system, though - Feel free to chip in and share your suggestions!]

I have also written 4-5 new pieces of additional music of variant styles for the chapter, which I hope you will enjoy. The chapter is divided into the following sections (noted by auto-save points):

Origin
    Departure
    Sunset
    Splash
    Just Kidding
    Dreams
    Uprising

However, as I had to rush release this chapter to avoid yet failing another deadline, it is not as polished as I originally planned.
It is also a stand-alone chapter file as of now, but will be made into a Chapter 1 - 11 compilation in around 2 weeks.

Also, I missed crediting a couple of people for their original work in this Chapter (will be fixed later). But for now, a big thanks to Racheal for her event-to-event collision script and Rayen for her lovely shark sprite!

Anyhow, I am in much need of sleep, so I will leave other fancy presentation work to tomorrow. If major bugs/glitches are reported (please do if you run into them), mods can feel free to edit this post with the info if I'm not around. Thanks!

*For discussions related to the story and etc., please use the In-Game Board instead of this thread! Feel free to make new threads there. :reivsmile:

Cheers,
Reives/Kan

P.S. Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

[/quote]

Ch XI is now out! a CH I-XI Package is expected to come out this weekend, so look forward to that.

Also...
Quintessence Preliminary Trailer
Made by me, you can find it here or on FB if you have me as a friend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quintessence - The Blighted Venom   

Back to top Go down

Quintessence - The Blighted Venom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: The RMXP Forums :: Project Discussion-