Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 am by phoenixgirl

» Where is my Light?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Rozen Maiden Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Rozen Maiden Review   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Rozen Maiden

Story
Jun Sakurada is a Junior High School student who refuses to go to school after being traumatized by an embarrassing experience there (see Hikikomori). He has taken to locking himself in his room, never leaving the house, and spends the day ordering goods online and returning them before the date in which he has to pay. His older sister, Nori Sakurada, does everything she can to brighten Jun's dreary existence, but is unable to change his situation.

One day, Jun receives a letter claiming he has won a prize. The letter asks him to choose "Yes" or "No". It states that after he has made his decision, he must place the letter in the drawer of his desk, and Holie will take it to the spirit world. Despite his skepticism, he follows these instructions, and discovers soon after that the envelope has vanished. Moments later, he realizes that a richly detailed wood case has materialized within his room. The box contains a strange realistic doll dressed in French aristocratic (synonymous with Gothic Lolita) attire. Jun examines the doll from every angle before seeing the key and winding up the doll. The doll creaks, stands up on its own, then proceeds to slap him for handling her as crudely as he had. She introduces herself as, "...Shinku, the fifth doll of the Rozen Maiden."

Shinku is a doll from the unique "Rozen Maiden" collection, and before Jun can fully comprehend the weight of his new situation, a stuffed clown (bear in the manga) plush doll attacks. Shinku promises that she will save Jun's life, but only if he will vow to serve her. Thus, Jun becomes entrusted with the responsibility of protecting Shinku's "Rosa Mystica" whilst she is engaged in a centuries old fight with the other Rozen Maiden dolls for the title of "Alice." (Thanx to Wikipedia)

Review
Rozen Maiden is another one of those shows I really like watching, with the Master and servant type/genre like fate/stay night ,angelic layer and soul eater. i don't know why but i just like the concept of it. i was thinking of watching it since last year but didn't have time and i guess i was not that addicted to anime yet. Rozen Maiden's charm that got me to watch it, was it looked like a good, old-fashioned somewhat gothic horror type of anime. (i really like horror.) anyway moving on.

Story [9/10]
The story of a boy becoming a man through interaction with his dolls.... wait what?! yeah its about a boy playing with dolls, i know its not quit normal, me too i wasn't expecting a guy to be the main character of this show but well because of that it gains a point from me. i found the story to be really deep and mysterious which really got me hooked to the show. All these dolls sole purpose is to defeat each other and retrieve the others Rosa Mystica and become Alice, the doll creator's ideal girl. a plot like this is another thing i liked about it same with fate/stay night. it will like give you the feeling were your in a horse race were you get to bet on your favorite horse (in this case dolls) it is also exciting who the winner will be. I can say this, although the plot was by no means amazing, it was an entertaining and good albeit odd journey.

Characters [10/10]
the characters in this game is really mysterious and full of secrecy. at first you might think its really boring why they do this and do that but as you get deeper in the story you uncover many things about the characters, which is a plus for me because its seems like you get to meet real people with real past. Though there were a variety of characters, there were only few who stand out when it came to background and past, overall the characters gives alot of emotions which makes the story more interesting.

Graphics [10/10]
Getting right to the point, the art in Rozen Maiden is perfect. It's bread and butter is by far the character designs. While the human characters are average on the whole, the dolls are crafted beautifully. I believe it was done this way to actually showcase the stars of the show, the Rozen Maidens. Every doll is extremely well animated, delicate and beautiful in their own way. Shinku the dainty tea drinking doll; Hinaichigo the overly cute one; and Suigintou the dark, brooding one. If this show had absolutely nothing else to offer, the georgous art would be enough to keep me watching.

Sound[8/10]
the sound was fantastic. It had a beautiful, melodic and sometimes haunting tracks that carried the show above many out there. Rozen Maiden had some of the best voice acting ever. Every character's personality was well matched by their respective seiyuu. Shinku sounded refined and snobby at times. Suiseiseki's seiyuu brought out her abrasive and insulting personality. But the best performance had to go to Rie Tanaka as Suigintou. After hearing Rie play the sweet and dignified Lacus Clyne in Gundam SeeD, it was a great surprise to hear her go to the pure evil Suigintou. Her voice brought out the evil nature of Suigintou and it was actually creepy a few times with how well she pulled it off.

so overall i give it a [9.5/10] i highly recommend watching this anime if you like less romance and more action type of anime.

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54961
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Rozen Maiden Review   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:03 am

Ooohh based on the pics from the anime, I definitely agree with you there. They're so beautifully done and kudos to the artist. ^^

I read over your description of the anime and is a lot of it based on horror or would you say that it's more of an action-type anime overall?

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Rozen Maiden Review   Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:58 am

well its not really a horror type of anime, but there are times were it gets creepy, and the whole anime is not really overall action maybe 70% of it, it only gets intense in the later episodes. there are also a little comedy in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rozen Maiden Review   

Back to top Go down

Rozen Maiden Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General :: Anime, Books, Movies, etc :: Anime Reviews-
Jump to: