Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm
Latest topics
» Romance RP
Yesterday at 5:23 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Thu May 18, 2017 4:57 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love! ^^
Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 am by phoenixgirl

» Register your RP's Character!
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:20 am by Miss Nile

» Romance RP
Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:24 am by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Finding the One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 54740
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:13 am

It looks like I was able to whip up a new chapter after all. ^^ Enjoy and feel free to comment. I'd especially like to know whether Yusei seems a little too OOC and if the ending was too out of place, like too soon, or just all right. Thanks. XD

Chapter 13

Yusei and I sat in the backseat of the limousine as the driver continued to take the road towards my house. It was a little too quiet and I was surprised that Yusei wasn’t interrogating me with questions about what happened. Deciding to break the silence, I remarked,

“Umm, I’m still in your lap. You can put me beside you. It’s not like I can run away or anything even if I wanted to.”

Yusei looked at me and his eyes twinkled. His lips curved into a small, amused smile and without saying a word, he put me in the seat next to him. However, he still didn’t say anything and it worried me a little. I wondered what he was thinking and so I asked,

“Yusei, are you angry at me?”

Yusei shook his head and finally replied, “Of course not but I was very worried about you. I shouldn’t have left you alone.” He hung his head down and I realized what he was probably feeling. Smiling softly at him, I replied,

“It’s not your fault, ok? You were trying to protect me but we had no idea that one of those dark signers was going to take me.”

Yusei was quiet still and I continued, “Don’t blame yourself. I’m all right and I got away from that dark signer. I’m much tougher than I look, you know.”

He smiled at me and replied, “That’s true. You’re one remarkable woman, Callie.”

The driver stopped the limo and we had finally arrived back at the house. The driver opened the backseat door and Yusei carried me in his arms, lifting me out of the limo. Once we were outside, I looked at the driver and said,

“Thank you for taking us back.”

The driver smiled at me and replied, “You’re welcome. I hope you feel better soon.” He then went back to his seat and drove off, leaving Yusei and me alone.

I opened my purse and looked around for the keys which I soon found. Yusei took me to the front door and after I unlocked it, we went inside and Yusei closed the door behind us. Then I looked up at him and said,

“You can put me down now. I’ll be fine going upstairs by myself.”

However, Yusei shook his head and replied, “I’ll carry you back to your room and then get an ice pack for your head and that ankle. Then we need to talk.”

Inwardly, I sighed, thinking that I should have been prepared for this. Yusei did want to talk about what happened to me but he was waiting for the right time to do so. I nodded but didn’t say anything. He took me upstairs and to my room and then placed me carefully on my bed. As Yusei was about to leave to go get the ice pack, he turned to me and said,

“Now don’t run off, ok?”

He gave a small smile, intending for the question to be more of a joke than a serious one. I laughed quietly and replied, “Ok. But I’ll get changed while you prepare the ice pack for me. I won’t run away, all right?”

Yusei nodded and with the smile on his face, he went downstairs to prepare an ice pack for me.

Meanwhile, I got up from the bed and limped over to my mirror to take off my jewelry. Then I went to the closet to change into some more comfortable clothes and then went to my bathroom to change out of my dress and into my more casual clothes. It took more effort than usual since I was struggling with a sprained ankle and I was being careful not to make it worse than it already was. Eventually, I was finished and then I left the bathroom, going to my closet to put away my dress. Then I limped back to the bed, lying on top of the covers and waiting for Yusei to return. I didn’t have to wait long, though, as Yusei returned after a couple of minutes. He was carrying two ice packs and he placed one gently on my left ankle while he put the other one behind my head, saying,

“There, that should do it.”

I smiled softly at him and replied, “Thanks, Yusei. I’m sure I’ll be better in no time. Injuries don’t faze me.”

Yusei gave me a small smile and after a minute of silence, he asked, “Callie, what happened? What did that dark signer do to you?”

I looked into Yusei’s eyes and I saw how worried he was about me. Giving a small laugh, I replied, “Aww I’m fine, Yusei, really. Nothing happened to me.”

Yusei gave a slight frown and replied, “I don’t believe that for a minute. That dark signer wanted you for a reason and I want to know what it is.”

I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to convince Yusei to drop the subject so I replied, “First tell me what happened back there in the ballroom and then I’ll tell you what happened.”

Yusei nodded and then he proceeded to tell me about how there was commotion in the ballroom. A small group of dark signers had appeared out of nowhere and had threatened the guests. There was a hostage with them, Crow Hogan, a close friend of Yusei and Jack. However, it turned out that the dark signers didn’t really have Crow but rather a dark signer disguised as him. Then one of the dark signers received a communication from my kidnapper saying that I had been taken and the fake Crow and other dark signers disappeared.

After Yusei had finished, he looked to me and said, “Ok, I told you what happened. Now tell me what happened to you.”

I nodded and began to tell Yusei about how I was knocked out from behind while waiting for him. Then I told him about waking up with the dark signer who tried to make a deal with me although I left out the details about him saying that I was in love with Yusei. Then I explained how I had escaped and how the crimson dragon, although I described it rather than called it by name, had helped me.

Once I was done, Yusei sighed and replied, “I’m glad you’re all right and it sounds like the crimson dragon knows you’re trying to help Jack and me. He wouldn’t have done so otherwise. But there’s something I don’t understand.”

I looked confused but before I could reply, Yusei continued,

“Callie, why didn’t you take that deal? You could have died back there.”

I looked into Yusei’s eyes and replied, “I would never have taken that deal. I care about you and I want to help you in any way I can. That dark signer-and I suspect the others, too-doesn’t want either of you to go back to New Domino. No surprise as to why. And I’ll do everything I can to help even if it takes my life.”

Yusei’s eyes became one of worry and approaching me closer, he replied, “But don’t you understand? It’s not worth risking your life to help us. That’s why Jack and I were going to move out. We didn’t want you or Natalie to get hurt and now both of you have been in danger because of us.”

I replied, “I’m sure that Natalie would say what I’m about to say but we would have done this all over again. If we could go back to that night where we found you two unconscious, we still would have taken you both in and helped. There will always be danger out there, Yusei. It can’t be avoided but it’s still in my nature to help out a good soul when I see one.”

Yusei reached out to touch my hand and replied, “Please be careful.” Then he reached out to touch my left cheek and I felt myself blush under his touch. I averted my gaze from his eyes and then he moved his hand away from me. I felt a little sad, as I missed the brief but caring contact.

There were a few minutes of silence between us, as neither of us knew what to say now that we had told each other what had happened. However, the silence was eventually broken when I spoke up and said,

“It’s getting late and you should head on to bed. I’ll be ok here.”

Yusei shook his head and replied, “No way. I’m staying by your side tonight.” I was about to protest when he continued,

“You did that for me, remember?”

I smirked at him and replied, “So you’re paying me back, huh?”

Yusei replied, “In a way. It’s too bad that our night was interrupted.”

I sighed sadly and replied, “That’s true. That idiot ruined it and I’m sorry that you had to leave the party early because of me.”

Yusei replied, “It’s ok and there’s nowhere else I’d rather be than by your side. Our moment was interrupted but I believe that we’ll have another one once everything calms down.”

I looked confused, wondering what Yusei meant by “our moment” but he then said, “Now get some sleep.”

I smiled and replied, “All right. Good night, Yusei.” I closed my eyes although I hadn’t fallen into a deep sleep yet. However, I could hear Yusei reply softly, thinking that I was probably in deep sleep,

“Good night, my Callie.”

Then I felt a brief but soft kiss on lips before I fell into a deep sleep.

Thank you for making my new set, Love.  ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 52968
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 am

Oooh I liked this chapter. I am not sure whether Yusei seemed a bit OOC or not though, although he probably wouldn't have been so brave to kiss Callie? I am not really sure though. xD

But overall, I loved the chapter and can't wait for more. The relationship between Callie and Yusei is very interesting, especially since Yusei is actually a fictional character and all. xD Looking forward for the next chapter. ^^

-Credits to sprayofcolors for avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://snowrosegames.withme.us
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 am

Ahh yeah, I debated to myself about the kiss. But in the end, I decided to put it in since Yusei probably thought that Callie was already asleep and wouldn't notice it. XD

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 am

Wow, I was somehow able to get another chapter in despite how tired I am. I must be strong like Callie. lol

Anyway, it might be boring since this one's mostly Callie's thoughts and she and Yusei talking. Feel free to comment. ^^

Chapter 14

A few days had passed after the night of the party and the incident with the dark signer. During that time, I took it easy, wanting for my ankle to heal from the sprain. Yusei would stay by my side, making sure that I was all right, although I kept insisting that I would be fine by myself. He did still work on the duel runners although he divided his time between them and me.

In my moments of solitude, I would think back on that night when the dark signer made the deal and accused me of being in love with Yusei. I denied it at the time but in the back of my mind, I questioned myself and wondered whether he was correct. Could I be falling for Yusei and simply be denying it? If this was the case, then there was definitely danger for everyone involved. I would be changing the events of Yusei’s life since technically, I wasn’t supposed to have ever entered it in the first place. I remembered the good night kiss from a few nights ago and it still brought a blush to my cheeks whenever I thought about it. Furthermore, if Yusei were falling for me-and I had to admit to myself that it might be a possibility-then he would become more vulnerable. What if another incident happened where I was taken and enemies were using me as a weakness to get to Yusei? Although I couldn’t say for certain that I was in love with him, I did care greatly for Yusei and couldn’t let him get hurt because of me.

With such thoughts weighing heavily on my mind, I had to figure out what to do. I could continue helping Yusei like I did before and pretend that nothing had changed but then I would be lying to myself. Things have changed and couldn’t go back to how they were before. I didn’t want Yusei to be in any more danger but I didn’t want to kick him out while his duel runner wasn’t working. It was tempting to get rid of Jack but then I knew that Natalie wouldn’t be happy with that at all so that wasn’t an option.

So I knew that there was only one course of action to take. I would distance myself from Yusei for a while although I would continue to be friendly around him. That way, any further romantic feelings wouldn’t be developed and once he and Jack left to return to New Domino, things would slowly go back to the way they were before. It wouldn’t be easy to do so but I had to protect Yusei, even if he wasn’t aware that he needed such protection.

After my ankle completely healed, I wanted to resume a regular routine as much as possible so I would stay in my room and work on my book alone. It felt weird at first not being in the garage with Yusei but I told myself that I needed to do this for the both of us. For the first couple of days, no one had inquired me about my behavior but on the third day, it changed.

While I was in front of my laptop trying to type more pages for my book, I heard a knock on the door. Knowing that it was either Yusei or Jack since Natalie was at the hospital, I guessed that it was probably Yusei. I didn’t answer the knock, hoping that whoever was on the other side would take the hint and go away but then I heard Yusei’s voice, saying,

“Callie, I know you’re in there. We need to talk.”

Sighing inwardly, I got up and opened my door. I moved aside so Yusei could enter and after closing the door, I returned to my seat in front of the laptop and staring at the screen, I asked,

“Is anything wrong?”

I pretended to be working on my book, looking busy, but it wasn’t easy, as my mind was distracted. I could hear footsteps approaching and they stopped when I felt Yusei’s presence next to me. He looked over my shoulder and there was evidence that I hadn’t gotten very much work done. He spun me around in my chair and then said,

“Ok, I know you haven’t been working on your book or something is bothering you. What’s going on?”

Quickly, I put on a smile, trying not to make it look forced, and replied, “Nothing is wrong. Why would you think that anything was wrong?”

Yusei gave me a look and replied, “Callie, you haven’t been yourself after the night of the party. And if I didn’t know better, I think you’re distancing yourself from me. Did I do something wrong?”

I avoided Yusei’s gaze by turning my head to the side and replied, “No. I wanted some alone time to get some work done. Anything wrong with that?”

I felt a hand on my chin and Yusei quickly turned me around until I couldn’t avoid looking directly at him. He then replied, “If that was it, I would have left you alone but I know there’s something more. Don’t you trust me? I thought we were at least good enough friends that you could talk to me.”

It hurt to see the slightly pained expression in Yusei’s eyes although he was trying his best not to look too upset. After a minute of silence, I replied quietly,

“Of course, we’re friends but there are some things that I can’t talk about.”

Yusei had this look, this resolve, that said that he wasn’t going to give up pursuing the matter and as he was about to say something, I continued,

“I guess I can tell you a little of what’s bothering me. Just give me a moment.”

Yusei nodded and he looked a little better that I was willing to open up my thoughts a bit. I got up from my chair, walked over to the window and looked outside, noting how beautiful the day was despite the sadness weighing on my hurt. Keeping my eyes fixed on the outside, I asked,

“If there was someone you cared about, would you do everything in your power to protect them, keep them safe from harm?”

I could tell that the question sounded strange to Yusei as he replied in a weird manner,

“Of course but, Callie, why do you ask?”

I turned around to look at Yusei and with a smile on my face, I replied, “Oh I was just thinking about it. I mean, the question must pop up in everyone’s heads at a certain point.”

Yusei nodded and replied, “I suppose but-?”

I interrupted by saying, “And what would you do if, let’s say, you knew something that could change how things are supposed to be? Like if you knew that certain events were supposed to happen but then something else happens that changes them, do you set things back on the right course, even if that means giving up on potential happiness?”

Yusei looked confused and I couldn’t blame him. I did ask the questions in a hurried manner and they didn’t really make sense out of context. Finally, he replied,

“I don’t understand. Maybe if you could tell me the specific details, then I could answer.”

I shook my head and replied, “Nah, it’s ok. Forget it.”

However, Yusei didn’t let the subject drop and asked, “What happened? Something else did happen that night when you were taken but you aren’t saying it, at least not directly.”

I bit my lower lip and could see that Yusei was going to keep pursuing the subject until he got a satisfactory answer. Deciding to tell at least part of what else happened, I replied,

“Yeah, you’re right. I have been distancing myself from you but it’s not that I hate you or anything. That dark signer who took me knew that we were getting to be, um, friends and I didn’t want you to be vulnerable so that’s why.”

I hung my head down, hoping that Yusei would believe my explanation for now. I did hesitate for a brief moment when I mentioned that Yusei and I were friends since the actual explanation was that I might be falling in love with him. Yusei nodded, taking in all that I said. After a minute, he replied,

“Ok, I understand but, Callie, you should have told me this. That dark signer played with your mind.”

I nodded and replied, “Yeah, I know but I got out of there ok and I didn’t let what he said affect me back then. I guess it’s getting to me now that I’m away from him.”

Yusei replied, “I know that you’re a strong woman but it’s ok to tell someone if something’s bothering you. If you can’t talk to me, you can talk to Natalie, right? I’d mention Jack but I know how much you two can barely stand to be in the same room together.”

The last comment finally brought out a laugh at me and after calming down, I replied, “You know me pretty well, huh?”

Yusei chuckled quietly and replied, “At least on that.” His face turned to one of a serious nature and then he continued,

“But next time, don’t hold back if something’s bothering you, ok? And don’t worry about me. As long as we support each other, nothing can tear us apart.”

I felt a little strengthened by Yusei’s words and nodding, I replied, “You’re right. And I’m sorry. I should have told you what was bothering me earlier but I really didn’t want to burden you. You have a lot going on with the duel runners and I didn’t want to add to that.”

Yusei gave me a smile and replied, “You can never be a burden to me and speaking of the duel runners, I could use your help. Let’s have lunch, just you and me, and then we can resume work like before.”

He reached out to touch my hand and I nodded, replying,

“I’d like that.”

Together, we went downstairs to the kitchen to begin making lunch for ourselves.

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 04, 2012 7:42 am

Yays for the new chapter. ^^

Ahh I admit that there wasn't much in it, but I enjoyed seeing Yusei and Callie talk about it. I hope that at one point, she would tell him how she feels or at least admit it to herself that she is falling in love with him. XD

Great chapter and I am looking forward to more. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 am

Ahh she will. XD

As for the excitement, it'll probably happen in the next chapter. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 am

Ok, just finished writing a new chapter so I'll post it here. And I'll ask a question at the end since I'm curious for opinions but it's best to read this chapter first. XD

Chapter 15

After Yusei and I had talked things out, things seemed to be returning to normal. I returned to the garage with my laptop, helping Yusei out whenever I could. Being there with him, I did find it easier to resume work on my book. My heart felt lighter and although I still had a few issues to work out, they didn’t seem to be as much of a burden as before.

A couple of days later, while Yusei and I were in the garage early in the afternoon, I looked up from my laptop and saw Yusei get up and stretch out his arms in triumph. He turned to me and with a smile on his face, he said,

“I did it. I finally got them fixed.”

I was happy for Yusei and getting up, I replied, “Really? That’s great.” I walked over to the duel runners to check out their condition and indeed, they looked almost brand new. I looked back at Yusei and said,

“It’s pointless to say, of course, but you should probably test them out to make sure they’re working properly.”

Yusei nodded and replied, “Of course.”

I helped Yusei take his duel runner out of the garage and on to the driveway. Then, looking around, I wanted to make sure that the neighborhood street was empty so Yusei could take his duel runner out for a test drive. Seeing that it was safe, I turned to Yusei and said,

“Ok, no one’s out here so you should take it for a spin around the block. I’ll watch from here.”

Yusei nodded and after getting on his duel runner, he put on his red helmet. Then he revved up the engine and away he went on the street. I watched from the house and observed that Yusei’s duel runner did look like it was working again. After Yusei returned, I clapped my hands in joy and said,

“Congrats! I know how much hard work it was to finish the repairs and all.”

Yusei smiled at me and replied, “Thanks, Callie. It would have taken longer if you hadn’t helped.”

I blushed at the compliment, not knowing what to say. Fortunately, the silence between us was quickly broken when I heard my cell phone ring. Quickly picking it up, I said,

“Hello?”

On the other line, it was Natalie. She wanted to know if I’d like to drop by the hospital today since I had promised to give the children there a book reading. Seeing that I was free, I replied that I would come over as soon as I could.

After I hung up, I turned to Yusei and said, “That was Natalie. She wanted to know if I wanted to come by the hospital to do the book reading I’d promised for the children. I’d almost forgotten about it so it’s a good thing Natalie reminded me. If you’re ok with staying here, I’ll go call for a taxi and-.”

Yusei stopped me by saying, “You don’t need to do that. I’ll take you myself and I want to drop by there. Jack’s with Natalie today, right?”

I nodded, remembering that Natalie offered to show Jack around the hospital and give him a little glimpse of what her usual work day was like. I was surprised that Jack had taken Natalie up on the offer, considering that I did remember that Jack didn’t like hospitals but then it was Natalie so perhaps he couldn’t refuse her. I replied,

“That’s right but I can tell Jack. You don’t need to trouble yourself with it. I’m sure you must be tired and want a break from all the work you put in.”

However, Yusei shook his head and replied,

“I’m not tired and it wouldn’t be any trouble to take you. I’d like to go with you and see this book reading for myself.”

I blushed and nodding, I replied, “Ok, I guess that would be all right.”

Yusei took out a spare helmet from a compartment in his duel runner and handing it to me, he said,

“Here. You’ll need to put this on.”

It was then that I realized that Yusei was going to give me a ride on his duel runner. I know I should have realized that immediately when he offered to give me a ride but it hadn’t occurred to me that he would be using his duel runner to do so. I felt a little nervous since I’ve never ridden on a motorcycle and a duel runner was like a motorcycle. And of course, if I was going on a duel runner, that would mean I’d have to sit behind Yusei and hold on to him. The thought made me quite nervous, to say the least.

Yusei looked at the expression on my face and concern written on his face, he gently asked,

“Hey, are you ok?”

I nodded slowly and replied, “Yeah, I’ll be fine. It’s just that I’ve never ridden on anything other than a car, train, airplane…You get the idea.”

Yusei realized what my nervousness was about and he gave me a gentle, warm smile. He approached me and putting his hand on my left arm, he said, “I won’t let anything happen to you. You know that, right?”

I nodded and replied, “I trust you. I’ll give it a try but can two people fit? I thought duel runners were designed specifically for only one person.”

Yusei replied, “That’s true but while I was making repairs, I made a few modifications to my duel runner so you’ll be fine.” He then leaned into my left ear and whispered huskily, “But just in case, you better hang on to me tightly.”

I blushed as I felt Yusei’s warm breath brush against my ear and not knowing what else to say, I put on the spare helmet. After waiting for Yusei to get on his duel runner, I sat behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist, I said,

“Ok, I’m ready.”

Yusei nodded and after I gave him the directions to the hospital, he revved up the engine of his duel runner and we sped away from the house, heading towards the city and the hospital where Natalie worked. At first, I did feel a little scared as we sped off but Yusei didn’t drive too fast and after I had time to get adjusted to the speed, I started to relax. I even started to enjoy the ride, hanging on to Yusei and feeling the blush on my cheeks. I wondered how red my cheeks were and was grateful that at least Yusei couldn’t see me, for I was certain that I looked as red as a tomato.

After more than 30 minutes later, we arrived in front of a huge white building which was, of course, the hospital where Natalie worked and where Jack was for today. Yusei looked for a parking spot for his duel runner and he found one nearby. After he turned off the engine, I got off first and took off the spare helmet. Then I shook my hair out, enjoy the refreshing light cool wind. Yusei then got off and after taking off his helmet, he looked at me and asked,

“How was it?”

Excitedly, I replied, “That was awesome! I never knew that riding a duel runner would be so exciting.” Then I slapped myself on the forehead and nervously laughing, I added,

“I sounded like Natalie just now, didn’t I?”

Yusei chuckled lightly and replied, “True but I’m happy that you enjoyed the ride.”

After we put our helmets in a compartment in the duel runner, Yusei and I headed towards the hospital. Once we were inside, I approached the nurses’ station and told the nurse on duty that I was going to do a book reading in the children’s wing, explaining who I was. While I was talking to her, some of the other nurses had seen Yusei and were sighing happily. I looked at their expressions and shook my head. I couldn’t blame them since Yusei was so handsome but I did feel a little jealous since it was obvious that I came with him and I thought that other women should back off. Then I mentally slapped myself for having such a thought, becoming one of those jealous women. I know I’m better than that and I know that Yusei wouldn’t be so fickle as to get attracted to other women.

After I finished talking to the nurse, I returned to Yusei and said,

“We can go to the children’s ward. The nurse said that the children and the pediatrician there are waiting for me. Natalie must have told them earlier of my visit.”

Yusei nodded and I led the way to the elevator. I pushed for the second floor button and then we arrived at the second floor. I looked around for the children’s ward and soon found it. I entered first and saw the children happily engaged in artistic activities. There was a doctor as well as a couple of nurses. After I entered, the doctor approached me happily and he said,

“I’m happy to see you again, Ms. Callie. It’s been quite a while since your last visit.”

I nodded and replied, “That’s true. I am sorry but I have been busy for a while. Some things came up and I’m working on a new book.”

The doctor nodded and replied, “I understand.” He then leaned into my right ear and whispered, “I’ve missed seeing you, too.”

The comment brought a blush to my face. Oh, I had forgotten to mention what the pediatrician here looks like. He’s tall with dark brown hair with brown eyes to match. He has a kind personality and he gets along wonderfully with children so it made sense that he became a pediatrician. I knew that he had some sort of a crush on me and although many of my friends couldn’t understand it, I didn’t feel attracted to him. I didn’t see him as anything more than a friend.

Suddenly, I heard a loud cough behind me and turning around, I saw Yusei. It was hard to tell by the look on his face but I had a feeling that he didn’t look too happy. Did he just see what the doctor whispered to me and the way I reacted? Quickly, I excused myself from the doctor and approached Yusei. Then I gave him a gentle smile and said,

“I probably know what you’re thinking but there’s nothing going on between him and me, ok? That might come off as a surprise but he’s not my type.”

I winked at Yusei and then picking one of the books I had written from one of the bookshelves, I took a seat in a low chair and the nurses had gathered the children together in a small semicircle, waiting for me to read. After all was quiet, I began to read the book, changing the tone of my voice when it got to the more exciting parts of the story. The children looked interested and happy as I read the book and although my eyes were mostly on the children, I would sneak a glance or two at Yusei and I could see him standing nearby with this gentle, handsome smile on his face.

After I was done with the book, the children shouted for another story. Laughing, I was about to oblige to their request and pick out another book when suddenly, I heard a loud commotion right outside. I got out of my seat and ran to the window to see what had happened. Yusei had heard the noise as well and followed me. What I saw before us shocked me but, more so, made me furious that it would happen at a hospital of all places.

Ok, here's my question. I'm curious as to what you think about me making Yusei jealous. I have no idea what he'd look like if he was jealous or if he would get jealous at all but I wanted to experiment. XD

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 am

Ooh man, another cliffhanger. I have to wait for this, too, while waiting for Ryan to finish thinking. xD

lol I loved the chapter and seeing Callie ride behind Yusei is way better than seeing Akiza on his back. XD Regarding your question, I think it was pulled off fine. I remember in one of the episodes (I think 85?) he got annoyed at that guy because he held Akiza's hands and pulled him back. Not that I liked the scene, I am just mentioning. XD

Overall, it was an awesome chapter and I loved it. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 am

lol Hopefully, Ryan will finish thinking before I post a new chapter. Razz

I remember the episode where Akiza was riding behind Yusei and I agree with you on that, too. Yusei made a few adjustments on his duel runner and Callie's smaller than Akiza so she can fit better behind Yusei. XD

I don't remember that episode but now I'll have to watch it to see. XD

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

Sorry for the long wait but I finally have a new chapter ready. It took me a while to come up with ideas to get this fanfic going and although it's taking a little bit of a different direction than I had planned, at least I know where I'll be going again. I'll have questions at the end. XD

Chapter 16

Outside, I saw a couple of dark signers wreaking havoc in the parking lot of the hospital, causing destruction in their wake. I recognized one of them, for he was the one who had kidnapped me the night of the party. Quickly, I glanced at the children and noticed their scared expressions. Although the pediatrician and nurse were doing their best to calm them down, the children were very frightened by all the noise and the chaos.

Without saying anything, I ran out of the room and downstairs, determined to stop those dark signers before they caused further damage. I heard footsteps follow me and glancing behind me for a moment, I saw that Yusei was following me. We ran down the stairs and out of the hospital to the parking lot. As soon as we had arrived, one of the dark signers, a female, pointed to me and then turned to her partner and said,

“So that’s the brat who caused you trouble? Such a little thing.”

Before the other dark signer could reply, I said, “And who are you calling a brat? Look at what you two are doing. It’s despicable, attacking a hospital of all places.”

My kidnapper looked at Yusei and said, “It was a mistake to take your duel runner out. It was so easy to find you.”

My eyes were wide-open after hearing what my kidnapper had said. Somehow, they were able to detect Yusei’s duel runner, which made me wonder whether it would be easier to find Yusei and Jack if they were to take their duel runners out, now that they were repaired. However, before I could say anything, the female dark signer said,

“Since you couldn’t handle the brat last time, I’ll get the job done for master.”

Yusei looked at me and in his eyes, he realized what the female dark signer meant by her words. He tried to run to me and yell, “Run, Callie!”

Before I could move, though, the female dark signer had grabbed me and the two of us were teleported to another place.

Looking around, I observed that I wasn’t in a room. It looked like I was outside but there was purplish-black smoke all around. I could barely see in front of me and I couldn’t see the female dark signer. Was she even nearby? As I was doubting that anyone else was here, I suddenly saw disturbing images and heard disturbing voices.

The first image I saw was of my mother and she had this disgusting, angry frown on her face and she yelled,

“You’re such a disappointment, Callie! All my friends’ kids are better than you. You’re lazy. You never help out. You’re useless!”

I covered my ears, not wanting to hear my mother’s voice. Then I felt myself being slapped and looking forward, I saw my mother slap me on the face and punch me, saying,

“I hate you! I wish you were never my daughter. You never do what I want!”

I continued to cover my ears and closed my eyes, yelling, “Stop it! Stop! I don’t want to hear this! Go away! I don’t want you here! Leave me alone!” The tears were starting to spill and I felt distressed, for I didn’t want to see my mother or hear her voice.

Then it got quiet and I wondered whether my mother was still here. Slowly, I opened my eyes and to my relief, she was gone. However, the relief was only temporary as I soon saw myself as a child all over again. I was surrounded by other children and getting teased and hit. Although this was a past memory, I could feel the hurt return all over again. I could hear their voices saying,

“Let’s push her off the cliff. She should die!”

Then I saw another memory. This time, it was recess but the bell rang, signaling that it was time to go back inside the school. I ran with the other students but someone knocked me down and the other students stomped all over my back, not knowing or caring that I was on the pavement crying in pain.

I kept seeing memory after memory of pain. There was the time when I was in high school and I liked a boy and thought he liked me back. However, I found out later that he only pretended to like me as a joke to his friends and I ran, feeling humiliated. I could hear their voices saying,

“You’re so ugly! No guy will ever want you!”

The tears fell from my eyes as I kept seeing one bad memory after the other. Why was I seeing these images? Why was I being forced to remember all the bad times again? I thought I had put them behind me but seeing them again put the pain fresh in me.

The pain hurt so badly that I could no longer think straight. I couldn’t tell what was real versus what was imagined. All I could think about was making the images stop, making the pain go away. However, then I saw something that only made me feel worse and confused. The tears had made my vision fuzzy but as soon as it cleared, I recognized the two people nearby. I was shocked to see Yusei and Akiza and it looked like they were kissing each other passionately. The sight brought new tears to my eyes and I ran to the couple, wanting an explanation. I reached Yusei and asked,

“What are you doing? Why are you doing this?”

Yusei looked at me with this smirk on his face and replied, “Don’t you see? I used you so I could return home to be with my one true love. Did you ever think that I loved you? What a fool.”

Akiza looked at me and added, “Yusei would never fall for someone like you. You’re so small, such an insignificant thing. No one wants you.”

I crumpled to the ground and wept, allowing the tears to stream down my face. The couple laughed hysterically and continued to insult me but all I could think of was that Yusei had used me and didn’t care about me. I couldn’t believe that he would say such words but there he was and I had heard them and seen him.

Under usual circumstances, I wouldn’t have believed what was in front of me. I would have immediately doubted and investigated for the truth. But I was so emotionally distraught, practically out of mind, that I couldn’t think straight. The emotional pain took over all of me and nothing anyone said or did at that moment would have made it any better.

Behind me, there was the female dark signer with a knife in her right hand. She spun me around and said,

“There you are. No one wants you so you should die right here.”

I felt too weak emotionally to move and knew that the end was coming. The dark signer was correct-no one wanted me; I was useless so I shouldn’t be allowed to live. However, just as the dark signer was about to use the knife to stab me, I saw the knife knocked out of her right hand. Wondering what happened, I saw that Yusei had come but why? I just saw him with Akiza and he didn’t care about me so why was he here? He grabbed the female dark signer by the collar and said angrily,

“I wouldn’t attack a woman but you hurt someone I care about.” He then threw a couple of punches at the dark signer but she quickly got out of Yusei’s grasp. Then she replied,

“How did you get here?”

Yusei replied, “You’re right. Your partner is useless. I beat him up and then found the portal to this place.”

The dark signer replied, “Is that so?” Seeing that Yusei was quite angry, she continued, “You win this battle but you won’t defeat us. You and Jack Atlas will never return to New Domino.” Then she disappeared, leaving Yusei and me alone.

Yusei then ran to me and looking into my eyes, he asked, “Are you ok?”

I wanted to laugh and reply to him that he should look at me and ask himself that question again. However, I doubted whether the Yusei in front of me was real or imagined. I just saw Yusei with Akiza and the hurtful words and images still lingered in my mind. I was silent for a while and Yusei said,

“Let’s get out of here.”

As Yusei was about to carry me in his arms, I quickly backed away from him and replied, “Get away from me! You’re not real. You said you didn’t want anything to do with me, that you only used me. Get out of here and leave me alone!”

Yusei looked confused and approaching me slowly, he replied, “Callie, I never said that. I’d never say anything like that to you.”

I shook my head vehemently and replied, “Liar! I don’t want to hear it. I saw you and Akiza and my mother and all of you said those things about me. Go away!”

As I mentioned Akiza, Yusei’s eyes opened a little wider. It looked as though he wondered how I knew about Akiza but then his face changed to one of gentleness, as though my well-being at that moment was more important. Yusei continued to approach me until his arms surrounded my body is a soft hug. He then said,

“Callie, I care about you. I would never want to hurt you. Whatever you saw and heard, that wasn’t me and it wasn’t the others. It was a mind trick to make you vulnerable.”

For a couple of minutes, I sat still on the ground with Yusei’s arms surrounding me. I thought about what he said, that what I saw and heard before was a trick. It was possible that he was right but at that moment, how could I know that the Yusei before me was some figment of my imagination, possibly another trick? In disbelief, I shook my head and trying to get out of his arms, I replied,

“Let go of me! I don’t believe you! You want nothing to do with me! Just tell me the truth!”

I sobbed, feeling distressed over my predicament. Suddenly, Yusei looked straight into my eyes and I thought that he would say something to deny my words. Instead, he leaned in and before I knew what had happened, he started to kiss me. I tried to resist at first, being in denial, but I felt weakened through struggling so much and finally, I surrendered to the kiss. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around Yusei, continuing to kiss him and to enjoy the moment.

Finally, the kiss ended and then Yusei looked at me, saying, “Let’s get out of here. I’ll protect you.”

Feeling some sanity return to my mind, I nodded and Yusei carried me in his arms as we looked for an exit. We found the portal and entering it, the two of us returned to the parking lot of the hospital. There, we saw Natalie and Jack run towards us although there were only a few bystanders nearby. As soon as they reached us, Natalie asked,

“Are you guys ok?”

Then Natalie looked at me and I saw in her eyes that she looked very worried, especially about me. She then said,

“What happened to you?”

As I was about to cry again, feeling all the overwhelming emotions of sadness and despair, I felt my eyes suddenly close. I felt too weak to stay conscious and there I fainted, surrounding by complete darkness where either dreams or nightmares would invade my mind.

So it's obvious that Callie's in emotional distress and saw images that weren't real and all. I'm wondering whether I made it all believable or if it seems forced. I haven't written out this kind of emotion with psychological torture and all so I'm not sure. XD

Last edited by phoenixgirl on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Wed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Aww that was a sad chapter. I feel sorry for Callie although at the same time, I am curious to know how her relationship with Yusei would go now, especially after the kiss and all. XD

I do have a few points I would like to point out however. ^^ The part with the psychological torture wasn't forced, but I think it wasn't believable enough still.

Callie is shown to be a reasonable person, who balances between thinking with her heart, and thinking with her mind. So I believe, if she were to see such images, she would know better than to believe them so easily. I mean the part about Yusei and Akiza especially; since it would be somewhat clear that it wasn't real. For instance, how did Akiza show up suddenly? Why would Yusei act strangely all of a sudden, change from a nice guy to a guy who uses people?

In the same time, even if she were to believe them, she wouldn't really have a good reason to get angry at Yusei, for there was no real relationship between them; Yusei never told her directly that he loved her.

Just my two cents and all. <3 Sorry if I sounded a little forward, but I just like to point out what I see could be better, for the story's sake and all. ^^ But overall, it was a nice chapter and I enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to the next part. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 am

Ahh ok. Hmm I might have rushed this chapter. This wasn't originally the direction I wanted it to go but then I got stuck on ideas and this was what I had come up with.

Let's see. I was hoping that after Callie saw the image of her mother being mean to her, that it would be enough that Callie would believe seeing Yusei and Akiza and all that. Like I wanted to portray her being so emotionally distraught. You are correct-Callie is usually reasonable and can balance between her heart and mind but when it comes to certain people, certain memories, things in her go off-balance. What might help to portray that better? Should I have brought up more images or memories? I might consider rewriting this chapter so that's why I'm asking.

Or would it be better to completely redo the story for this chapter? I'm not sure what I should do now.

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu May 31, 2012 5:52 am

Ahh I see what you mean. I don't think that it is necessary to redo the whole chapter but perhaps the part with the memories and all? I can understand what you want to do, but I think it would help if Callie saw more upsetting images? You know, ones with more powerful effects, or just more images that are enough to make her distraught enough to believe that Yusei and Akiza are together.

It's just my opinion and all, but the chapter overall was pretty cool. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 am

Ahh ok. I have some ideas for more images. I'll have to use my memories and adjust them to fit so I'll rewrite a certain part of the chapter. Not sure if I'll have a new chapter out next week but at least I'll have a rewrite of this one and I'll update it when I get it done. XD

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu May 31, 2012 6:11 am

Ahh okay. I'll be waiting for it patiently then as usual. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 am

Ok, I went ahead and edited the last chapter since it didn't seem believable enough. I didn't want to add really scary images, like in horror movies and all, since I honestly can't stand that stuff and so probably wouldn't be able to pull it off well. lol But I wanted to focus more on emotional hurt, perhaps bordering on psychological torture but not quite there. I did use some real life memories but others I made up so my childhood wasn't really all that bad. XD

The edits start off after the first image of Callie seeing her mother.

Please let me know if I pulled this off better. Not sure if I'll have a new chapter out this week although I do have some direction on where it will go but at least I should have this edit done now. ^^

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

Ahh I think this edit is a lot more believable and overall better. ^^ It explained why Callie behaved the way she did and how much emotionally hurt she was, so it justified her reactions very well. Yup, it was definitely a nice improvement. ^^

And I'll be waiting patiently for the next one. ^^

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:41 am

I wanted to wait for a new chapter to post this, but I can't wait. XD

Yusei comforting Callie after the last scene, a fanart and all. XD I apologize for Yusei's weird expression-I intended to make it look kind but I don't think I did it well. O.o Callie was drawn from scratch, though. I hope I got her right. ^^

Back to top Go down
EbilKid

Male
Number of posts : 132
Title : I am Ebil. XD
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 am

Nice story, phoenix. My sister always tells me it when a new chapter comes out. I hope you post the new chapter soon. I can't wait!

Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:39 am

Aww, I love the art, Love. Callie looks spot on. ^^

And thanks for the encouragement for the next chapter. I really have been meaning to write it but then real life stuff and too much gaming-yeah, I'm still trying to finish Habitat Rescue lol-has been taking up all that free time. Razz

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 am

I finally finished Habitat Rescue-man, that game took way too long to finish lol-so I have time to start updating on a more regular basis. I have a new chapter out so I'll post it here and post disclaimers and such at the end. It's been a while since I resumed this fic so I hope I'm not too rusty.

Anyway, enjoy and feel free to critique. ^^

Chapter 17

About an hour later, I woke up, feeling a little disoriented. My vision was blurry so I did my best to focus it and make it clear. Once I could see clearly, I looked around and saw that I was in a small white room. I could tell that it was one of the single rooms at the hospital. As I was wondering how I got there, I turned to my left and saw that Yusei was looking at me with much worry in his eyes. When his eyes and mine met, he said,

“How are you doing?”

Slowly sitting up, I replied, “I’m ok but how did I get here?”

Yusei replied, “After you fainted, Natalie and I thought it would be a good idea to bring you here to rest.”

I nodded but didn’t say anything. As I was getting my bearings, I remembered more of what had happened. I remembered the chaos back in the parking lot, how I was transported to another place where I saw hallucinations and visions of bad memories. Everything came back to my mind although I wish I had remembered none of it. It was all too confusing at the moment and I definitely wasn’t ready to talk about what happened. I looked down at my lap, thinking of how interesting my hands looked.

Yusei then spoke up and asked,

“What are you thinking?”

I looked at him and the first thought that came to my mind was that I wanted to leave the hospital. I didn’t want to go home but I needed to get out and have some time for myself, to think about all that had happened without anyone worrying about me. After a minute of silence, I replied,

“Can I check out of here? I’m fine so there’s no need for me to stay.”

Yusei shook his head and replied, “Callie, I don’t think that’s a good idea. A doctor did check you out while you were asleep and she said you’re fine but…” He trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

I replied, “Well, if the doctor says that I’m fine, there’s no reason for me to stay, right?”

Yusei replied, “But if something else happens to you and you’re not here…I want you to be ok.”

I sighed and replied, “I’m fine, Yusei. Look, I just fainted and considering what happened earlier, that’s perfectly understandable but I want to leave this room and be outside.”

Yusei was about to reply, probably to argue against me leaving, when the pediatrician who had greeted me before the book reading entered. He had heard about me fainting and as soon as he saw me awake, he asked,

“Ms. Callie, how are you feeling? I heard what happened.”

I looked at the pediatrician and replied, “Better. I fainted but I feel good.” Suddenly, I had an idea. Turning to Yusei, I looked at him and asked, “Umm, would you give us a few minutes?”

Yusei looked confused, probably wondering why I wanted to talk to the pediatrician alone, but nodding, he replied,

“Sure. I’ll be near the nurses’ station if you need anything.”

I nodded and then Yusei left, leaving me alone with the pediatrician. I gestured to the pediatrician to approach closer and once he was close enough, I whispered to him,

“I need your help. I want to get out of here but Yusei is too worried about me and he doesn’t want me to go. But I’m perfectly fine. I just need to leave and get some air, you know?”

The pediatrician nodded and replied, “I understand. I know what that’s like. I shouldn’t do this but I’ll help you out this one time. There’s something I want to ask you first, though.”

I looked at him curiously and replied, “What is it?”

The pediatrician replied, “That guy who was with you just now…Is he your boyfriend?”

I sighed sadly and replied, “No, he’s just a friend so there’s no need to worry.”

He nodded and replied, “Ok, I was just curious. Let’s get you out of here. Wait here and I’ll get you a spare uniform.” The pediatrician then left my room and after several minutes, he returned, carrying a spare surgeon’s outfit with him. Handing it to me, he said,

“Put this on and once you put the mask over your mouth, no one should recognize you as long as you keep your head down.”

I nodded and getting up out of the bed, I went to the bathroom. After closing the door, I carefully put the surgeon’s outfit over my clothes, as it was big enough to fit me. I wanted to be able to get rid of the uniform once I was safely out of the hospital. After putting the surgeon’s mask over my mouth, I took a look at myself in the mirror and I could hardly recognize myself. I had hope that I could pull this off and leave the hospital without anyone recognizing me.

Then I left the bathroom and approaching the pediatrician, I said, “Ok, I’m ready.”

He nodded and replied, “I’ll lead you out of here to the entrance and there, you can get a taxi if you want to make a speedy getaway. Remember to keep your head down in case anyone you know happens to look in your direction.”

I nodded and then the pediatrician led the way out of the room and down the hall. We had to take the elevator to go down the lobby and to the front entrance. Along the way, we did see Yusei and Yusei briefly looked in my direction but as I kept my head down, I only hoped that he wouldn’t recognize me. Fortunately, no one stopped us and as we reached the front entrance and outside the hospital, the pediatrician looked at me and smiling a little, he said,

“It looks like we pulled it off. Stay safe, Ms. Callie, and I hope to see you again soon.”

I returned the smile and replied, “Definitely. I owe it to the children after what happened today.”

The pediatrician walked back towards the hospital and waved at me. Once he was out of sight, I looked around for a taxi and fortunately, I found one nearby. Getting inside, I asked the driver to take me to downtown and the driver nodded, immediately taking off away from the hospital.

As we headed towards downtown, I took the time to remove the surgeon’s outfit, revealing my usual clothes underneath. The driver could see what I was doing and he raised an eyebrow although he didn’t say anything. I looked at him and said,

“Don’t ask. It’s a long story.”

The driver nodded, taking the hint.

Once we arrived in downtown, the driver asked, “Is there any particular place you wish to go, miss?”

I thought about where would be a good place to go and one where I wouldn’t easily be found. A lot of people would drown their sorrows in alcohol when they feel the way that I’m feeling but I was never much of a drinker and didn’t want to start now. Then I had an idea and replied,

“Do you know of any coffee shops that have open mike, like in those karaoke places and all?”

The driver replied, “I sure do, miss. I’ll take you to one that’s pretty well-known.” He then headed towards a fairly big coffee shop and once he stopped, I paid the driver along with a generous tip and then leaving the taxi, I headed inside to the coffee shop.

Once I was inside, I looked around. There were some people although it wasn’t too crowded. I liked the atmosphere of the place. It reminded me of one of those jazz nightclubs I loved to go to when I was younger but hardly had any time for nowadays. I took a seat at the counter and after briefly looking at the menu, I ordered an iced latte. After getting my drink and taking a sip, I heard one of the employees at the shop on the microphone say,

“As some of you know, today’s open mike so the usual bands aren’t here. Is there anyone who’d like to sing for us? Anyone?”

The employee looked around and no one volunteered to take to the stage. Feeling a little sorry for the employee, I stood up and said, “I’ll give it a try.”

The employee smiled at me gratefully and after telling her what song I wanted to sing to, I waited for the music to begin. Once it did, I took a deep breath and then sang the following words:

Remember all the things we wanted.
Now all our memories, they’re haunted.
We were always meant to say goodbye.

Even with our fist held high
It never would’ve worked out right, yeah.
We were never meant for do or die.

I didn’t want us to burn out.
I didn’t come here to hold you
Now I can’t stop.

I want you to know
That it doesn’t matter
Where we take this road;
Someone’s gotta go.

And I want you to know,
You couldn’t have loved me better.
But I want you to move on,
So I’m already gone.

Looking at you makes it harder,
But I know that you’ll find another
That doesn’t always make you want to cry.

Started with a perfect kiss
Then we could feel the poison set in.
Perfect couldn’t keep this love alive.

You know that I love you
So I love you enough
To let you go.

I want you to know
That it doesn’t matter
Where we take this road;
Someone’s gotta go.

And I want you to know,
So I’m already gone.

I’m already gone.
I’m already gone.

You can’t make it feel right
When you know that it’s wrong.

I’m already gone.
Already gone.

There’s no moving on
So I’m already gone.

Remember all the things we wanted.
Now all our memories, they’re haunted.
We were always meant to say goodbye.

I want you to know
That it doesn’t matter
Where we take this road;
Someone’s gotta go.

And I want you to know,
So I’m already gone.

I’m already gone.
I’m already gone.

You can’t make it feel right
When you know that it’s wrong.

I’m already gone.
Already gone.

There’s no moving on
So I’m already gone.

After I finished, I heard a lot of applause so it sounded like a lot of people enjoyed it. I smiled and as I was about to get off the stage, I looked up at the audience and saw Yusei looking back at me. Not knowing what to do, I stood there frozen, a little fear coming to me as I was unable to think of a way to get out of my current situation.

I thought it would be a good place to end the chapter, to leave it on a sort of cliffhanger. This one was probably a little boring but the next one should be more exciting. I already have ideas for it. XD

And for disclaimer:

The song above is Kelly Clarkson's Already Gone. I do not own the rights to the song and such. XD

Back to top Go down
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 am

That was a nice chapter, phoenix. ^^

I don't have much critique to say (I am pretty exhausted here XD) but I liked the chapter. I'll admit it didn't have much of events but I like the cliffhanger. I can't help but wonder how Yusei found Callie and all. XD

Looking forward to the next one. ^^

Back to top Go down
EbilKid

Male
Number of posts : 132
Title : I am Ebil. XD
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:26 am

Wow, great chapter, phoenix! I like it a lot.You always keep me excited! Very Happy

Ahh I would like to ask a question. Where did Natalie and Jack disappear? O.o
Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 am

Ahh with Natalie and Jack, they're still back at the hospital. XD

And thanks for the great reviews. ^^

Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:45 am

I finished writing the new chapter so I'll post it here. Jack does make a brief return here since he and Natalie haven't appeared for quite a while. I'm focusing more on Callie and Yusei. XD I'm curious to know, after you read it, how you think Callie and Yusei are portrayed. I'd like to make sure that Yusei's in character or close to it and I'd like to hear opinions about Callie.

Thanks, enjoy the chapter and feel free to critique. ^^

Chapter 18

Pondering over what to do, I took a deep breath. I reasoned to myself that it wouldn’t be a good idea to run away, as that would only result in wondering eyes and Yusei running after me. I thought to myself,

Play it cool, Callie. Don’t let him know that you’re afraid.

Calmly and casually, I walked off the stage and went back to my seat at the bar, looking forward to drinking my latte. Another person had taken to the stage and sang another song although I didn’t pay attention to it. Yusei had followed me and took a seat next to me. Although a waiter asked him if he wanted something, Yusei simply asked for a glass of water.

I pretended to be deeply interested in my coffee, hoping that Yusei wouldn’t say anything. However, that wasn’t likely to happen and after a few minutes of silence, Yusei suddenly asked,

“Why did you run away like that?”

I bit my lower lip and finally turning to him, I asked, “How did you find me?”

Yusei replied, “You first.”

I replied, “Fine. As I told you back at the hospital, I wanted to check out and be outside but it was obvious that you were being overprotective so I had to find a way to sneak out.”

Yusei replied, “I would have let you go if you had continued to be stubborn-.”

Suddenly, I interrupted him by saying, “I’m stubborn? I’m determined-I’ll give you that. But I was only exercising my right to freedom and you were restricting me from it. Now answer my question-how did you find me out?”

Yusei looked like he was doing his best to remain calm and replied, “I followed you from the hospital. I recognized you from that disguise that doctor must have given you. That’s why you wanted to talk to him earlier. I didn’t call you out earlier since he would have helped you.”

I nodded and looked back down at my coffee. It did make sense now how Yusei followed me. I really wanted to be alone for a while but it looked like I was going to have company, whether I wanted it or not. Suddenly, I got a call from my cell phone. Picking it up and recognizing the caller to be Natalie, I immediately picked it up and said,

“Hello?”

However, instead of hearing Natalie’s voice, I heard Jack at the other end, screaming,

“Where are you? Do you know that Natalie’s crying right now, worrying about you? Of all the stupid things…”

Jack kept going on and on for a while and I moved the phone at arm’s length, not wanting to hear any complaints. I was already in a somewhat depressed mood and didn’t need to hear any more. Yusei observed me the whole time and he mouthed to me if the caller on the other end was Jack. I nodded and then Yusei took the phone from me, deciding to deal with Jack. Although I could have taken this opportunity to sneak away, I decided to stay put and watched as Yusei talked to Jack, calming him down and assuring him that I was all right and that I would be watched. I sighed inwardly as I heard Yusei say that he would watch over me. That meant that it would be much harder to sneak off by myself.

After Yusei finished talking to Jack, he gave me back my phone and said, “I calmed him down. That’s Jack for you but he only acted like that because he cares about Natalie.”

I nodded but didn’t say anything. I knew that Jack cared about Natalie and I was happy for her although it seemed that she didn’t look to the reality of what would eventually happen, that Jack and Yusei would have to return to their world and that we couldn’t follow. I turned back to my coffee and finished it up. After paying the bill, I got up out of my seat and headed out towards the door. I felt Yusei follow me but didn’t say anything.

We walked like that for a while. I would lead and Yusei would be my shadow. I wondered who would break the silence but I wasn’t going to be the first. I hoped that Yusei would eventually get the hint and leave me alone but he was right behind me, watching over me. Finally, Yusei said,

“I know you’re angry at me, Callie, but you can’t keep up the silent act forever.”

I turned around and confronting him, I replied, “You need to stop treating me like a child. I don’t need a guardian watching over me.”

Yusei sighed and replied, “If you would stop running away, I wouldn’t need to. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were avoiding me.”

I looked down and felt my cheeks get hot. The truth was that I was avoiding him. I was afraid to explain what happened back when I experienced those hallucinations; I was afraid to tell him that I knew more about him, about Jack, than I was letting on. However, how could I explain all of that to Yusei? I feared that he would be angry and never forgive me if I was completely open with him although if the Yusei in front of me was like the Yusei from the anime, he wouldn’t be.

I must have been quiet for some time since finally, Yusei replied, “You are avoiding me.” He approached closer to me and tilted my chin so that my eyes met his. He then continued,

“Is it because of the kiss?”

I shook my head in reply. The kiss should have been on my mind more but weirdly enough, it was the least of my worries. I was about to reply when suddenly, a group of five guys who looked like they were in a gang approached us. One of them, a big, burly guy with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes to match, approached me and I could smell the disgusting scent of beer on his mouth. He looked at me with lust in his eyes and said,

“Hey there, cutie. Why don’t you leave your boyfriend here and come have some fun with us?”

Now normally, most women would have tried to walk away from such a situation or tried to find a peaceful solution out. However, I wasn’t most women and with how I was feeling, I wasn’t in the mood for such ridiculousness. Immediately stomping on his left foot, I replied in disgust,

“Like I’d go anywhere with you.”

The guy momentarily cringed in pain and then grabbing my left arm, he replied, “You’ll pay for that.”

Feeling annoyed, I pulled myself away from the guy’s grip and knocked him to the ground, saying, “You really don’t want to mess with me tonight.”

The other guys then decided to go ahead and attack Yusei and me. Yusei shielded me from them and said, “I’ll handle this.”

Not wanting to be the damsel in distress, I stepped in front of Yusei and prepared to defend myself from the gang members. A couple of them lunged towards me and remembering the moves from those self-defense classes I took, I defended myself and was able to take down both of them. The others went after Yusei but not surprisingly, he was able to fend off their attacks and knock them down.

After all of them were on the ground, either unconscious or in pain, I walked away and muttered to myself,

“That’s what they get for going after me when I’m in a bad mood.”

Yusei went after me, calling out, “Hey, wait up.”

However, I kept walking and even got to the point that I was almost running. I wanted to get away and just be alone and wondered to myself,

Why doesn’t Yusei get the hint? Sometimes some people just need some alone time.

When it appeared that we were finally far enough away from those thugs, Yusei took my right hand and spun me around. He looked intently into my eyes and said,

“We need to stop. We’re going to talk whether you like it or not.”

Sighing, I looked down on the ground and replied, “I don’t want to talk about what happened. I know that’s why you’re being my shadow but I’m fine. I have no injuries and all I want is to be alone. And you saw just now that I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself so you don’t need to protect me.”

Yusei drew me into his arms and wrapping me in his embrace, he replied,

“I know you’re fine physically but something’s broken inside. It helps to talk. I know there are some things you aren’t ready to tell me but I know that you will when you’re ready. But if you don’t want to talk, at least don’t send me away. I want to be here for you.”

I looked up at him and replied, “Why do you want to be here for me?”

Yusei looked surprised, as though I had asked him a question that I already knew the answer to. After a moment of silence, he replied, “I care about you, Callie. You’ve been here for me since Jack and I first got here. I don’t know what I’d have done if it weren’t for you.”

I replied, somewhat sadly, “So you’re here for me only because I helped you out?”

Yusei shook his head and replied, “That’s not the only reason. I’ve gotten to know you and I’ve never met a woman, anyone, like you.”

He took a deep breath and looked a little nervous, like he wanted to tell me something else but wasn’t sure how to. Worrying a little, I reached up to touch his right cheek and said,

“What is it? You can tell me. I’m here and I’m not running away although you aren’t giving me much of a choice.”

As I was still enveloped in Yusei’s arms, I couldn’t run off even if I wanted. Yusei smiled a little and replied,

“That’s true. Ok, here it is. Callie, I’m here for you and I always will be and there is a big reason for it. In the short time we’ve gotten to know each other, I feel so strongly about you. I didn’t know what that feeling was at first but now I do.” He stopped for a moment to touch my left cheek and then continued,

“It’s because I lo-.”

Suddenly, high in the night sky, I could see the crimson dragon appear. I wondered to myself what it was doing here of all places but I felt that the dragon was calling to me, that it wanted me. I looked back at Yusei and knew that he was about to confess something huge to me so I didn’t know what to do. Do I go to the crimson dragon or do I stay in Yusei’s arms to hear what he wanted to tell me?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the One   

Back to top Go down

Finding the One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: Show your work :: Writing-
Jump to: